Author

Topic: [2016-03-19]Bitcoin Trading Platform Shuts Down for 2-4 Weeks Following Cyber-At (Read 641 times)

Activity: 254
Merit: 250
BitQuick.co - Buy Bitcoin in 3 Hours, Guaranteed!
Well the only exchanged that got hacked and returned stronger that i know is poloniex,i didnt know they had been hacked in the past.Soo for this small exchanges maybe its time to reforce the security.

I am not a fan of altcoin exchanges, but poloniex is the only exchange that did the right thing after they got hacked. And it shows as it came back stronger than ever as you also mentioned. Usually when an exchange gets hacked, many people will leave that exchange. But not in this case. The honesty and the correct approach of poloniex is received very well by its custommers.

Hello, Chad from BitQuick Support here! We have re-launched following the outage, no funds were lost and 100% of customer funds under management at the time were returned. You can read more about the incident here: https://bitquick.co/blog/bitquick-details

It's too late at this point, but a good thing is that as we speak, the funds from users are 100% in control of the exchange. Does this mean that people can withdraw their funds without problems right now, or are there more steps needed to cash out? I think at this point people are only interested in the first bit of this sentence.

We re-launched in early June of 2016, and have been operating since then. The security incident was back in March, and 100% of customer funds were already returned to all of our users before we had re-launched the platform. Sellers that are currently using the platform are able to withdraw their funds at any time free of charge. 
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
Well the only exchanged that got hacked and returned stronger that i know is poloniex,i didnt know they had been hacked in the past.Soo for this small exchanges maybe its time to reforce the security.

I am not a fan of altcoin exchanges, but poloniex is the only exchange that did the right thing after they got hacked. And it shows as it came back stronger than ever as you also mentioned. Usually when an exchange gets hacked, many people will leave that exchange. But not in this case. The honesty and the correct approach of poloniex is received very well by its custommers.

Hello, Chad from BitQuick Support here! We have re-launched following the outage, no funds were lost and 100% of customer funds under management at the time were returned. You can read more about the incident here: https://bitquick.co/blog/bitquick-details

It's too late at this point, but a good thing is that as we speak, the funds from users are 100% in control of the exchange. Does this mean that people can withdraw their funds without problems right now, or are there more steps needed to cash out? I think at this point people are only interested in the first bit of this sentence.
Activity: 254
BitQuick.co - Buy Bitcoin in 3 Hours, Guaranteed!

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Bitquick is quite a small exchange based on their 6 month 20,000BTC volume. Even though there seems to be that nothing has been stolen, it's quite sad to see another exchange got hacked. It will probably cost them a lot customers.
Activity: 440
Bitcoin Trading Platform Shuts Down for 2-4 Weeks Following Cyber-Attack

Bitcoin trading platform BitQuick, announced Thursday, March 17, that it will be shutting down its service for the next two to four weeks to investigate a cyber-attack that took place Monday, March 14.

BitQuick staff said that during the incident, the attacker managed to break through their defenses and gain access to the service's backend with administrative privileges.

Staff were on hand to detect the intrusion, and minutes later servers were shut down to prevent any further damage.

BitQuick: No funds were taken
The company is not yet sure what information the attacker stole, but it's certain that due to its security system, no Bitcoins were stolen, and that the attacker didn't get access to personal user details (driver licenses, IDs, passports data, etc.) or their email addresses.

One day after the attack, the company says it emailed withdrawal instructions to all sellers, that all transactions have been processed, and that only 3% of the money it stored prior to the attack have remained unclaimed.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/bitcoin-trading-platform-shuts-down-for-2-4-weeks-following-cyber-attack-501940.shtml
Jump to: