Author

Topic: [2016-03-31] Mt. Gox Bankruptcy Trustee In Favor Of Publicizing Exchange’s Bitco (Read 272 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
So people want to figure out where the bitcoins actually ended up through making a public ledger of the addresses. I think this may be a little bit short sighted,its almost similar to the whole FBI/Apple password issue. If you allow this to happen in this case,it makes it that much easier to achieve it the next time it is brought up in court.
Imagine it was all addresses like that AshleyMadison hack and instead it listed people that paid for may webcam shows or something not that big of a deal but potentially emberrassing. The wallet would be linked forever to this issue and we do not know in the future how our addresses could potentially link back to us.

I come at most issues around privacy as a hands off,leave us the fuck alone and maybe biased in my thinking.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
The Mt. Gox bankruptcy process that is currently taking place has been receiving a lot of attention from both Bitcoin enthusiasts and mainstream media outlets. Now that more and more information has become available, there is a new question waiting to be answered: should the identified Mt. Gox Bitcoin addresses be made accessible to the public? Some Bitcoin members seem to be for this proposal, whereas others are wondering what the of doing so would be.

http://bitcoinist.net/mt-gox-bankruptcy-trustee-in-favor-of-publicizing-exchanges-bitcoin-addresses/
Jump to: