Author

Topic: [2016-04-08] Indian film industry is struggling with bitcoin-trading (Read 375 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
One world One currency, Bitcoin.
The article mentions that one movie pirate trades Bitcoin. I believe that this and the title are indications that there is a segment of the Indian population that believe that Bitcoin is used exclusively by criminals.
Yep, this seems to make wrong figure of bitcoin among Indians. That's why people here fear while using bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
The article mentions that one movie pirate trades Bitcoin. I believe that this and the title are indications that there is a segment of the Indian population that believe that Bitcoin is used exclusively by criminals.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
There is no Bitcoin angle to this, just media FUD. The story is people did not pay for the movie, not that they did. If there's one thing about Bitcoin, freeloading is most definitely not it.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
One world One currency, Bitcoin.
Sorry but I can't get the term bitcoin with Bollywood.
I also downloaded the pirated film without bitcoin.
There must trading with PayPal or any other thing before bitcoins.
Activity: 644
Merit: 509
Last summer, Baahubali—India’s most expensive motion picture—scorched many a box office record. The multilingual two-part saga became the highest grossing film in the history of Indian cinema.

However, it could have earned much more than its Rs500 crore box-office collection within India, but for one problem.

Soon after the S S Rajamouli film was released, some 1,500 links for it popped up on the internet. An estimated 1.6 million people illegally downloaded the film.

http://qz.com/654054/indian-film-industry-is-struggling-with-bitcoin-trading-sophisticated-pirates/
Jump to: