Author

Topic: [2016-04-11] ShapeShift Decides to Rebuild Service Following Cyber-Attack (Read 295 times)

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
I find it interesting that following the "Panama Papers" leak, detailing panama as a haven for creating shell companies for tax evasion, that you have a panamanian based CEO's company getting hacked - which just happens to deal with crypto-currencies. Makes you wonder if the noose is tightening on certain dealings regarding finances, regardless of where the servers are physically located.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

"Hackers didn't steal Bitcoin from customers"

By design, ShapeShift is unique among all other Bitcoin traders because it doesn't require users to create accounts. The service lets users transfer funds from one Bitcoin wallet to another using a universal transactions dashboard.

It's because of this unique design that the attackers weren't able to steal any funds from the users utilizing ShapeShift's service.

"By design, ShapeShift doesn't hold customer balances, so even in the case of a security breach, there is no customer money at risk," said Mr. Voorhees. "We've built customer protection into our platform – hacks may be inevitable, but customer losses should not be. Not a cent of customer funds was lost, nor could they have been."

http://news.softpedia.com/news/shapeshift-bitcoin-trader-decides-to-rebuild-service-following-cyber-attack-502782.shtml

interesting, I'll be on it and check if its really secured thank you for sharing this mate
I'm looking for other trading platform and seen this post so ill check it up. good
luck mate.
copper member
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Post your ann & bounty just contact me

"Hackers didn't steal Bitcoin from customers"

By design, ShapeShift is unique among all other Bitcoin traders because it doesn't require users to create accounts. The service lets users transfer funds from one Bitcoin wallet to another using a universal transactions dashboard.

It's because of this unique design that the attackers weren't able to steal any funds from the users utilizing ShapeShift's service.

"By design, ShapeShift doesn't hold customer balances, so even in the case of a security breach, there is no customer money at risk," said Mr. Voorhees. "We've built customer protection into our platform – hacks may be inevitable, but customer losses should not be. Not a cent of customer funds was lost, nor could they have been."

http://news.softpedia.com/news/shapeshift-bitcoin-trader-decides-to-rebuild-service-following-cyber-attack-502782.shtml
Jump to: