Author

Topic: [2016-05-04] Brexit May Spell Doom for Fintech and Bitcoin. In the UK, That Is (Read 406 times)

legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
I should point out to those outside the UK, just like with the scottish referendum, Westeminister is ramping up the pro-eu propaganda, much of this involves writing fear mongering bullshit about how leaving would be a disaster for all sorts of industries and so on. As everyone who knows about Bitcoin will know in general however, to Bitcoin, that is irrelevent, the only laws they can make are ones that affect their own currency, not Bitcoin, even if they tried to ban it outright it would ultimately do nothing to how Bitcoin operates in the long run.

So just be wary of what you read, that's all I'm saying, it's going to get more ridiculous towards June just like with the American elections and how desperate the propagandists get for an election.

As if to underline your point, up pops this story also: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/2016-05-05-uk-law-enforcement-sources-hint-at-impending-craig-wright-arrest-1461931

When I was much younger, I used to read the "news" for news. Now I read it for entertainment if I read it at all. I'm left wondering if this kind of stuff still works on most people. One argument is that it must work because they keep doing it, but I have a sense that people have grown wary and weary of it all (the spin machine), much like people learned to ignore official government "news" in the old Soviet union.

What happens next? We live in interesting times.

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
I should point out to those outside the UK, just like with the scottish referendum, Westeminister is ramping up the pro-eu propaganda, much of this involves writing fear mongering bullshit about how leaving would be a disaster for all sorts of industries and so on. As everyone who knows about Bitcoin will know in general however, to Bitcoin, that is irrelevent, the only laws they can make are ones that affect their own currency, not Bitcoin, even if they tried to ban it outright it would ultimately do nothing to how Bitcoin operates in the long run.

So just be wary of what you read, that's all I'm saying, it's going to get more ridiculous towards June just like with the American elections and how desperate the propagandists get for an election.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
What impact Britain’s exit from the European Union will have on Bitcoin and Fintech?

The British have always seen themselves as a bit distinct from their European cousins across the Channel.

Read More
Jump to: