Author

Topic: [2016-05-05] WSJ: Bitcoin’s Mr. Wright Now Says He Won’t Prove He Started... (Read 282 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
He realized that he can't fool everyone and backed out. The real satoshi would never show up, if he wanted fame, he never would have never left in the first place. I am suspicious of the person that made the vouch, I don't believe the whole laptop theory, I think that person was himself a party to this scam.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

Bitcoin’s Mr. Wright Now Says He Won’t Prove He Started Currency

http://www.wsj.com/articles/bitcoins-purported-father-withdraws-offer-of-more-evidence-1462456086

Craig Steven Wright, the Australian businessman who this week claimed he was the creator of the digital currency bitcoin, abruptly pulled his offer to provide more proof.

Almost immediately after Mr. Wright’s claim to be bitcoin’s pseudonymous founder Satoshi Nakamoto became public this week, skeptics demanded more proof, namely digital encryption keys that would only be held by the founder. Mr. Wright pledged to offer more evidence, but withdrew the offer Thursday in a post on his website.
Jump to: