Author

Topic: [2016-05-06] FBI Can Obtain A Warrant If You Run Tor Come December (Read 259 times)

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
Awesome news, not. Keeping your privacy for yourself is now looks like to be full time war against the system.
I am starting to be afraid that the next thing we will see be the same treatment policy used on Bitcoin users and it seems ridiculous now.
I am bitcoin user, therefore I am probably terrorist, or customer of dark market - it will be their excuse in the future.
What to you mean "Next thing".  I was arrested for trading Bitcoins a year and a half ago.  As part of their justification for the sealed search warrants for my home and business they stated "there are no legitimate uses for Bitcoins".  I was investigated as a terrorist for 18 months by Homeland Security using the Patriot Act.  All Bitcoin users are suspects to them.  If they think you have a lot of Bitcoins and/or cash then you (more specifically your assets) are easy pickings for their Federal asset forfeiture slush fund.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Awesome news, not. Keeping your privacy for yourself is now looks like to be full time war against the system.
I am starting to be afraid that the next thing we will see be the same treatment policy used on Bitcoin users and it seems ridiculous now.
I am bitcoin user, therefore I am probably terrorist, or customer of dark market - it will be their excuse in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
This ruling approval comes on the heels of media headlines detailing how over 1 million consumers use Tor to access Facebook. For every single illegal use case for anonymity software, there are hundreds, if not thousands, legal ones. If this ruling gets approved, a lot of innocent users will be spied upon by the FBI for no reason whatsoever.

http://themerkle.com/fbi-can-obtain-a-warrant-if-you-run-tor-come-december/
Jump to: