Author

Topic: [2016-05-16] 45% of US Households Avoid Online Shopping Due to Cybercrime Risk (Read 232 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
This was one of the motivating factors, why I started to use Bitcoin... I was a victim of credit card fraud, and I lost quite a large amount of money. The site got hacked and ALL credit card information

got stolen.. I only heard about that, when money started disappearing. The fight with the bank was useless, but luckily I had some insurance and it covered some of my losses. I think online

shopping will explode once more secure payments can be done. The no charge back advantage of Bitcoin also help the merchants.. I only hope more people see this advantage and make use of that.   
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
These concerns about security and privacy have not gone by unnoticed, and the report calls for better online security, as well as improved cryptographic standards to encrypt information. However, the US government and law enforcement agencies want to weaken encryption on consumer devices, making it doubtful they will agree to improve these standards anytime soon. In fact, 29% of households expressed their concerns about government data collection.

https://news.bitcoin.com/avoid-online-shopping-cybercrime/
Jump to: