Author

Topic: [2016-08-11] Bitfinex’s BFX Token Loses Nearly 70% Of its Value (Read 548 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Young but I'm not that bold
They just go robbed and you people are stilling trading there? all I can say is wow.

I left this site and I will never try it again. after losing third of my funds which were not bitcoin BTW, why would I use bitfinex again ? the made me and other users pay for their mistake and then they want to continue working !
anyone who continue using this site after all what they did is just stupid
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
They just go robbed and you people are stilling trading there? all I can say is wow.

Smart people have already taken their loss, and cashed out everything. But yes, it also amazes me that certain people still use and trust that exchange with their coins and money. I thought them being hacked was enough reason to leave that exchange...
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
Bitfinex can buy back the BFXcoin for 30% of their value. Then their lost of $60M is now $18M. Maybe less when it falls even more.

in this case they will think that they reduced the losses but huh one of the possibilities is that people could leave the sinking ship and the game will be over Tongue
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Bitfinex can buy back the BFXcoin for 30% of their value. Then their lost of $60M is now $18M. Maybe less when it falls even more.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
the BFX token is just a shit coin. bitfinex created it to avoid any case against them. so I am not surprised that people are trading it for 31 cents only although it costs them $1.
 I believe that most of bitfinex users that were affected by the loss will withdraw all their funds and abandon the site forever. so they sell that token before it becomes valueless
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
Given the opportunity to get shares in Mr. Porky's down the road or to own some of these tokens, I would chose Mr. Porky's without a doubt. How can you trust a company who has lost $60 000 000 and

then spread this hack to the people who where unaffected by the hack. The CEO of this company do not give any kind of public explanation and hide from the press. Most of the people working for this

company is a secret, so you do not even know who is handling your money. Nah, gimme Mr. Porky's shares.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
I believe Bitmex is offering futures on the BFX coin, though it remains to be seen if you can actually use them to hedge:

https://www.bitmex.com/app/index/.BFX - Index

https://www.bitmex.com/app/index/.BFX30M - Half-hourly

Use at your own risk, etc...
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
It is important to keep in mind that, while these tokens may have a value on their own, they represent an outstanding debt. Some traders may want to buy up these coins to gain a stake in the parent company over time. Whether or not that is the best business decision remains to be seen. After all, Bitfinex was hacked and lost US$65m once, and it could happen again.

http://fintechist.com/bitfinexs-bfx-token-loses-nearly-70-value/
Jump to: