Author

Topic: [2016-08-25]Bitcoin Popularity decreasing in the Darknet Against a new Opponent (Read 556 times)

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
It is a real hard process to send the Bitcoin to an exchange or to a mixer first. I see why such a tiny community is challenging the mighty Bitcoin. So much liquidity on the contender, I am scared for my Bitcoin holdings now.

You forgot the < sarcasm > tag.

Otherwise, it just makes you look like an idiot.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
It is a real hard process to send the Bitcoin to an exchange or to a mixer first. I see why such a tiny community is challenging the mighty Bitcoin. So much liquidity on the contender, I am scared for my Bitcoin holdings now.

Seriously? Not sure if I need to laugh about this, or to take this serious, but it's funny nonetheless. Nothing comes even close to the liquidity that Bitcoin has. No need to be afraid of anything. And how is it "a hard process" to send coins to an exchange or mixer? You just need to have a bit patience to get your confirmations, that's it.
Activity: 739
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Best quote:

There are however apprehensions about the current user base of Monero, which is still small. In such a scenario, huge transactions on the network can’t be mixed with other similar sized transactions, and can be easily detected.

Oh, so your uber-currency has problems? No shit.

I guess the claims of it being the "replacement" for the darknet is just as valid. What an idiotic article. They couldn't even be bothered to correct an obvious mistake - "...has announced its support for Monero effective September 20136."

Damn, users will have to wait 18,120 years? Well damn, better set the calendar alert!

That quote forgets that transferring large amounts in smaller more common amounts still allows transferring large amounts just as private.

Strawman argument there.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
They couldn't even be bothered to correct an obvious mistake - "...has announced its support for Monero effective September 20136."

and till now it is not corrected yet Lips sealed
in the other hand, cryptocurrencies having few users wouldn't succeed, we will see if that DN site will have an impact when it will accept monero
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
Best quote:

There are however apprehensions about the current user base of Monero, which is still small. In such a scenario, huge transactions on the network can’t be mixed with other similar sized transactions, and can be easily detected.

Oh, so your uber-currency has problems? No shit.

I guess the claims of it being the "replacement" for the darknet is just as valid. What an idiotic article. They couldn't even be bothered to correct an obvious mistake - "...has announced its support for Monero effective September 20136."

Damn, users will have to wait 18,120 years? Well damn, better set the calendar alert!
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Monero Challenges Bitcoin to Become Darknet Currency

A new cryptocurrency is giving Bitcoin a run for its money when it comes to the title of being the most favored currency on the dark net. Monero, as the cryptocurrency is titled, is gaining recognition for its better-tha-Bitcoin privacy features. Unlike Bitcoin, the blockchain of which is open and transparent, and can easily trace users by their respective wallet addressed, Monero automatically generates a new wallet address for each transaction. In addition, the transactions on Monero blockchain remain private...

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/08/25/monero-is-on-the-right-path-to-become-the-currency-of-dark-net/
Jump to: