Author

Topic: [2016-09-20]Accenture Creates a Blockchain Editing Tool (Read 346 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Blockchain editing looks like really funny concept, but if that is what customers want, they shall be provided...
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
Is this press release what was on the VHS tape in "Infinite Jest"? Cheesy At some point during today, I fear I may burst into a fit of spontaneous laughter that may kill me.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Just when I thought banks were planning to join our train... turns out they had another train in mind. Undecided
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
It's outright hilarious to see this. The only reason for choosing a blockchain over a centralized database is that it provides decentralized immutability! Have the Accenture guys even thought about what they doing in the first place? There is zero reason to build a blockchain when you bereave it of it's most important feature.

What Accenture has created is rebuilding the features of a centralized database in the most inefficient way possible. Congratulations to that! But maybe they even find customers for their snake oil, since in the banking and insurance world they will surely find a whole bunch of even greater fools that just like to throw around buzz words...

ya.ya.yo!

They need snake oil because they all have one rule only: SELL THE BLOCKCHAIN!
These are the words you hear if you go in a consulting firm: sell the blockchain.

If you even ask why it is called that way, what it is, where it originates etc. they laugh at you and they reply: we don't even care.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
It's outright hilarious to see this. The only reason for choosing a blockchain over a centralized database is that it provides decentralized immutability! Have the Accenture guys even thought about what they doing in the first place? There is zero reason to build a blockchain when you bereave it of it's most important feature.

What Accenture has created is rebuilding the features of a centralized database in the most inefficient way possible. Congratulations to that! But maybe they even find customers for their snake oil, since in the banking and insurance world they will surely find a whole bunch of even greater fools that just like to throw around buzz words...

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Accenture Creates a Blockchain Editing Tool

Accenture is redefining the concept of Blockchain. The tech services provider has recently patented a system which can be used to edit the blockchain entries. With this new system, Accenture aims to accelerate the implementation of blockchain technology in financial institutions across the world. However, the possibility of editing blockchain entries hasn’t gone well with the cryptocurrency industry. The main advantage of blockchain technology over other database systems is immutability, which in turn ensures accountability as well as transparency of data...

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/09/20/accenture-creates-blockchain-editing-tool/
Jump to: