Author

Topic: [2016-10-03] Gemini to Open Bitcoin Exchange in Singapore and Hong Kong (Read 348 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht

I'm also curious to see if the Winklevii ETF is going live anytime soon...

The auctions they've started running a certainly a pointer towards gearing up for that. That's the same way the GLD ETF sorts its prices. It's out their hands of course but they certainly don't appear to be letting up.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
That's interesting news, because Singapore and Hong Kong are big financial centers. These locations have attracted a lot of capital that flowed out of traditional safe haven countries (like Switzerland), after global initiatives to drain so-called "tax havens". In addition, Asian investors are more likely to take significant risks.

Although I'm clearly not a potential user of Gemini because of the exchange's compliance to regulatory requirements (read restrictions) that I view as extremely privacy-invasive I think the twins are doing a great job in providing Bitcoin for the mainstream investors.

I'm also curious to see if the Winklevii ETF is going live anytime soon...

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Bitcoin’s growing popularity in the Asian region has prompted Gemini to open new offices in Singapore and Hong Kong.

The renowned Bitcoin exchange, which is headed by the more-renowned Winklevoss Twins, confirmed today that it will be providing Bitcoin and Ethereum trading services to Singaporean and Hong Kong users. The decision, according to the company, is “a critical milestone in Gemini’s pursuit of building a global next generation digital asset exchange.”

While Gemini is already operational in both the aforementioned countries, it further expects to add new features to suit its new users’ demands. It starts with introducing order-books for native currencies which, as Gemini confirmed, will happen soon. An excerpt from their press release:

“We’ll be opening HKD and SGD order books and expanding to additional areas of operation soon, so stay tuned!”

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/10/03/gemini-enters-singapore-and-hk/
Jump to: