Author

Topic: [2016-12-01] ToI: FIR against Delhi businessman for not returning Bitcoin (Read 1134 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
This is something interesting and is actually needed here, so to stop scams in each sector including digital currencies too.
This would give a positive approach for bitcoins in India that even with the use of bitcoins, one cannot scam.
We don't need rules for it TBH, but we also need safety so not to be scammed.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000
Landscaping Bitcoin for India!
Is there any way to track this case to see how it progresses?
Am very keen to know how the courts in India will define Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1358
1.5 btc stolen and I bet no ones going to do anything about it.
have you read the topic of the thread and it says an advocate has already logged a complaint against a businessman for stealing 1.5 bitcoin and if he can provide the sufficient proof regarding it and since he is an advocate i am sure he can get a result in this case and he knows how to handle these sort of fraud cases.I am looking forward to hear the verdict about this case .

The FIR is the first step. Many people were facing hurdles in this step itself.
We have a long way to go, from police investigation to filing a chargesheet to conviction.
Let us hope we get a precedent in this case.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
have you read the topic of the thread and it says an advocate has already logged a complaint against a businessman for stealing 1.5 bitcoin and if he can provide the sufficient proof regarding it and since he is an advocate i am sure he can get a result in this case and he knows how to handle these sort of fraud cases.I am looking forward to hear the verdict about this case .
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots
This is really interesting...
I look forward to the results

We have a big list of scammers mentioned in this forum itself.
We can try and extend these results to these scammers as well.  Smiley
I don't think that the person will be convicted  for this. Does government even consider bitcoins as a property/currency or something that can be possessed?
Former RBI governor Raghuram Rajan identified bitcoin as an asset and the only fault he found was that it was not secure and the price fluctuation Smiley The only thing i want to know is how the court proceed these kind of cases .
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

I don't think that the person will be convicted  for this. Does government even consider bitcoins as a property/currency or something that can be possessed?
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1222
Just looking for peace

I won't be surprised if that's one of them...

There are many on LBC and others doing bank btc fraud
legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
Its a really interesting case and i am curious on how the court will take a decision against bitcoin fraud.The thing to be noted is that he got his figures burnt while trading in indian stock exchange and now he is very much active in crypto trading  Smiley good to hear more people are shifting to crypto trading in india which is really big for the bitcoin echo system considering the population .
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Quite fascinating .for the first time in india FIR has been lodged against frauding of bitcoins .well its quite difficult to catch them .hope ur crime will catch them as soon as possible.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1222
Just looking for peace
legendary
FIR against Delhi businessman for not returning Bitcoin to Lucknow trader

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/lucknow/FIR-against-Delhi-bizman-for-not-returning-Bitcoin-to-city-trader/articleshow/55715126.cms

Virtual currency fraud was reported in the city for the first time. An advocate lodged an FIR against a New Delhi-based businessman for duping him of 1.5 Bitcoin at Hussainganj police station. Udayganj resident Shailendra Nath Shukla used to be involved in share market trading but having burnt his fingers, he started dabbling with virtual currency trading.

Bitcoin is a worldwide digital currency which is used for transfer of funds between peers without any role of an apex bank and a single unit was last traded for Rs 56,800 in India on Wednesday. Since demonetisation, Bitcoin trade is fetching 25% additional premium over its value owing to increased demand.
Jump to: