Author

Topic: [2016-12-15] Mexicans Fear Trump Remittance Plan; Bitcoin Interest on the Rise (Read 383 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1003
Cool, bitcoin and gold go to the moon!

Seriously, with many unsettling of the world, bitcoin and gold will only increase in value. I am surprised at recent gold price slump, hope it is just temporary.
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299
If Trump has his way, there will not be a need for remittance services, because there will not be any Mexicans in the USA to send money

home. Hitler also started with this kind of "cleanup" and it eventually turned into the The Holocaust, but I doubt if he will be doing such

desperate actions to "clean" the USA. I think, he might be more worried about the illegal immigrants and the cost to the US tax payers to

handle these cases.  Huh

It is funny every other country enforces its border and immigration laws - try to sneak into Mexico.  Yet when the US does it, people cry "Hitler".  The pope calls migrants "Jesus" and yet has closed borders at the Vatican and few notice.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
If Trump has his way, there will not be a need for remittance services, because there will not be any Mexicans in the USA to send money

home. Hitler also started with this kind of "cleanup" and it eventually turned into the The Holocaust, but I doubt if he will be doing such

desperate actions to "clean" the USA. I think, he might be more worried about the illegal immigrants and the cost to the US tax payers to

handle these cases.  Huh
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

Mexicans Fear Trump Remittance Plan; Bitcoin Interest on the Rise

https://dcebrief.com/mexicans-fear-trump-remittance-plan-bitcoin-interest-on-the-rise/

"For now, however, there is a growing black market to facilitate a transfer of wealth to Mexico from its citizens [comitting a felony to be] in this country, even as ordinary Mexicans back home are stocking up on the remittance transfer alternative that most of them hope they’ll never need to use."

Wut???
Why would they (the USA side you mean, right?) hope to never need to use bitcoin? I suspect after the first try, they would hope never to use the black market to transfer money ever again. Smiley

And the ones in Mexico who are buying bitcoin presumably aren't sending them to the USA; they bought them in expectation of the peso dump and would be happy to cash them in later when they have preserved their wealth.

Clearly when they say "Mexicans back home are stocking up on the remittance transfer alternative that most of them hope they’ll never need to use." they are referring to Mexicans in Mexico. Not Mexicans breaking the law and being in the US. If the Mexicans in the US were not "Mexicans" but "former Mexicans", things would be different for people in the US.  Divided loyalties shouldn't be welcome anywhere, if Mexicans illegally in the US view Mexico as "home" perhaps they should return there.

Agreed about the ones buying in Mexico.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
I really do appreciate the Donald he has done wonders for currency demand in other parts of the world.
That and of course India make a nice set ^^
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012
SO this is the Trump effect that the Mexicans have feared and not the fear of the fantasy wall that he was going to build. Roll Eyes
Activity: 576
Merit: 503

Mexicans Fear Trump Remittance Plan; Bitcoin Interest on the Rise

https://dcebrief.com/mexicans-fear-trump-remittance-plan-bitcoin-interest-on-the-rise/

"For now, however, there is a growing black market to facilitate a transfer of wealth to Mexico from its citizens in this country, even as ordinary Mexicans back home are stocking up on the remittance transfer alternative that most of them hope they’ll never need to use."

Wut???
Why would they (the USA side you mean, right?) hope to never need to use bitcoin? I suspect after the first try, they would hope never to use the black market to transfer money ever again. Smiley

And the ones in Mexico who are buying bitcoin presumably aren't sending them to the USA; they bought them in expectation of the peso dump and would be happy to cash them in later when they have preserved their wealth.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Jump to: