Author

Topic: [2016-13-7][Bit]coin flipping: “Bitcoin is the world’s first universal currency” (Read 270 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
The aftermath of Bitcoin halving

JAXenter: Bitcoin halving has come and gone —nothing special happened. Are you satisfied with the outcome? Did you have other expectations?

Henry Brade: This is exactly what I expected to happen and what all bitcoin investors want to hear. The Bitcoin system remains stable even though there was a major supply shock. For miners the price increase of the last nine months has effectively countered most of the halving’s negative effects so I did not expect anything significant to happen. As for the Bitcoin price, I expect it to rise post-halving.

JAXenter: Do you think Bitcoin miners and business owners should breathe easy now?

Henry Brade: Miners need to remain competitive against other miners and I don’t think halving changes that in any significant way. As for Bitcoin investors, there is always the possibility of a short-term price decrease. However, I’m confident that in the mid-term the price will increase. The decreased supply will help Bitcoin rise since the miners generate less bitcoins which means there are less bitcoins for them to sell.

https://jaxenter.com/bitcoin-halving-interview-henry-brade-127616.html
Jump to: