Author

Topic: [2017-01-09] Tumblebit to increase Blockchain transaction speed by 99.8% (Read 456 times)

Activity: 310
Merit: 250
Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't this be just a platform or exchange site where all your bitcoins are in hands of that exchange? So indeed the transferring of bitcoin from one user to the other is fast because they would just be transferring funds over the platform and not over the blockchain. The blockchain is not easily changed, I believe you have to get 95% consensus to change it.

My guess is that you do off-chain transactions by swapping private keys in a cryptographically secure way. It can be done without a central server/exchange.

So this means that their concept is possible? But the bitcoin transfers would mean that it will not be on the blockchain. Which means that it would result to transactions secret or only be viewable in the exchange or platform where the transaction happened. I don't think I would support such as there are still dangers of the service stealing and running away with all the bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't this be just a platform or exchange site where all your bitcoins are in hands of that exchange? So indeed the transferring of bitcoin from one user to the other is fast because they would just be transferring funds over the platform and not over the blockchain. The blockchain is not easily changed, I believe you have to get 95% consensus to change it.

My guess is that you do off-chain transactions by swapping private keys in a cryptographically secure way. It can be done without a central server/exchange.
Activity: 310
Merit: 250
Activity: 966
Merit: 264
Yes. It's true. I think he means time to decrease by 99.8%.
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
The author is apparently mathematically challenged. The speed increase is not 99.8%, it is 49900%
Activity: 966
Merit: 264
Tumblebit, a proof-of-concept project aimed at helping with cryptocurrency fungibility and anonymity, is said to be finalizing a platform that would make cryptocurrency transactions surveillance-proof, faster at propagating and unforgeable, while also ensuring efficient scaling.

You can read the full article here: https://coinidol.com/tumblebit-to-increase-blockchain-transaction-speed/
Jump to: