Author

Topic: [2017-03-30] ToI: Two Mumbai collegians held for smuggling LSD, paying with BTC (Read 868 times)

S_D
Activity: 198
Merit: 112
The truth is; government don't like people preferring crypto's over fiat and that's what all this fuss is about. If btc goes down and any other crypto goes up, they'll go after that.
IMO Indian government is not mature enough to think this deeper.

I see a trend going on in current govt.. A trend to make a change and this is what they are trying to do right now!
Change.. change something, we'll think about the consequences later but we need to make a change and be a part of the trend is what the members of govt. are after.

PS: I am expecting other members view on this. Is the govt. really carrying this attitude to be a part of trend to make change.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Simple question: were people not buying drugs before bitcoin?

If the answer is yes, that means they'll find an alternative even if you ban bitcoin in this country. But the fact remains; problem isn't solved! The truth is; government don't like people preferring crypto's over fiat and that's what all this fuss is about. If btc goes down and any other crypto goes up, they'll go after that. They can't stop crime. It's been there since the inception of mankind. They can limit it, but banning crypto to control crime? bullshit!
Activity: 787
Merit: 276
Currency Xchanger™
Well exact timing of this .. now MP Kritik will take this example issue for bitcoin illegal stupid movement i am sure .
The MP you are talking about is a complete idiot and what would you do with people who does real ponzi scheme with fiat like amway and other business used to do,do they ban the fiat currency for that fact they are using it for those.People involved in illegal activities will find any method to bypass the law and this is exactly that and that has nothing to do with bitcoin.

Sarada chit fund , still buried and amazing regular drama going on . People's money lost in that scam and govt. don't even talk about the payback of those poor victim's funds .
Narada Incident , many ministers got red handed with taking bribe on live camera and still not much effect by Govt. and Bitcoin is Ponzi lol .. Tongue

S_D
Activity: 198
Merit: 112
Damn! So this is why I haven't received my order yet. Grin

Man this is just sad, this is no good sign for Indian bitcoin community. Sad
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
Well exact timing of this .. now MP Kritik will take this example issue for bitcoin illegal stupid movement i am sure .
The MP you are talking about is a complete idiot and what would you do with people who does real ponzi scheme with fiat like amway and other business used to do,do they ban the fiat currency for that fact they are using it for those.People involved in illegal activities will find any method to bypass the law and this is exactly that and that has nothing to do with bitcoin.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
As a college student and a medium btc trader myself.

This is really bad timing. Lets just hope this doesn't reach Kirit's ear.

Bitcoin is not to blame here. They would still do it with fiat if bitcoin didn't exist.
Currency Xchanger™
What a timing.
Kirit Somaiya is definitely going to bring this up on 20th April.

yes and mark my word he will also mention that Look this example our country's students also getting involved in narcotics and all for bitcoin , lol
Activity: 1022
Merit: 501
What a timing.
Kirit Somaiya is definitely going to bring this up on 20th April.
Currency Xchanger™
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
Two Mumbai collegians held for smuggling LSD from US, paying with Bitcoins

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/2-mumbai-collegians-held-for-smuggling-lsd-from-us-paying-with-bitcoins/articleshow/57903407.cms

The anti-narcotics cell of the city police arrested five people, including two students of two reputed colleges in the western suburbs, for drug trafficking and recovered psychedelic drug LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) worth Rs 70 lakh on Wednesday.

The two students have been identified as Arbaz Khan, a first year student of BMS and Chirag Jain, a TYBCom student. The others arrested are a real estate agent, Farhan Khan, an associate TV producer, Admiya Modi, and a computer engineer, Laxman Rajan. Police said they sold the contraband in the market. "They were also under the influence of LSD,'' an official said. All of them have been booked under the stringent Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act. The offence attracts a sentence of 10 to 20 years.
Jump to: