Author

Topic: [2017-05-24] What’s Holding Bitcoin Back from Achieving Mainstream Status? (Read 3701 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
The article mentions scalability as the main issue. This is so last week! We already have an agreement and it's called segwit, so this point seems irrelevant.

And finally, the human factor. Despite growing usage, the rate at which community is growing leaves a lot to be desired. A majority of the population are not comfortable using cryptocurrencies due to various reasons, and it can be solved by creating awareness about Bitcoin and its advantages.

Ok, for an important point this was extremely ambiguous. What various reasons? I'm comfortable using it and would find it easy to pay with my phone. I'm already using my phone to withdraw money from atms without using my CC, bitcoin would be as easy.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
The cryptocurrency market has been doing great in the recent months, as Bitcoin price continues to break its own records on a frequent basis. The growth in Bitcoin’s value goes hand-in-hand with its growing community and usage across the world. However, the popular cryptocurrency is still a long way from achieving mainstream status, barring a couple of countries.

According to the CEO of Fidelity Investments, Abigail Johnson, Bitcoin, and blockchain technology will not gain the mainstream status until certain issues, associated with them are resolved. Publications have reported Johnson’s comments at the Consensus Blockchain Conference where she mentioned Fidelity’s initiatives in the cryptocurrency sector. Johnson was quoted saying,

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/05/24/bitcoin-mainstream-status-roadblock/
Jump to: