Author

Topic: [2017-07-04]Diane Reynolds: `Lightning Network Will Maintain Decentralization´ (Read 4965 times)

hv_
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
It's about modelling economics ?

Give me some time and bitcoin, I'll model you anything you want fit your needs .... 

Grin
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
Diane Reynolds: `Lightning Network Will Maintain Decentralization´

Diane Reynolds just penned an article in defense of the Lightning Network (LN) as an off-chain, decentralized payment solution. This article appeared in response to the piece written by Jonald Fyookball and a Reddit post by jstolfi. Both pieces claimed Lightning Network cannot remain decentralized over the long term for mathematical reasons.

Fyookball’s article specifically used various examples to demonstrate decentralization is unlikely to manifest over the long term. Diane responded more directly to a challenge issued by jstolfi. The user’s challenge said:Diane Reynolds Says Lightning Network Will Maintain Decentralization

“There is a very simple way to shut criticisms like Jonald’s and mine. Just provide a hypothetical scenario for 10 million users with topology and numbers — how many customers, merchants, and hubs, how many channels and payments (per day or per month) per user for each pair of those user classes, and how much bitcoin each user commits to his channels, etc. Then anyone who doubts the viability of the LN can simulate it with those data, and conclude for himself. Any takers for this challenge?”

https://news.bitcoin.com/diane-reynolds-lightning-network-will-maintain-decentralization/

I think Jonald is a regular of our forum isn't it?
Jump to: