Author

Topic: [2017-09-03] Who is Buying Bitcoin? (Read 3460 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 503
September 04, 2017, 06:49:04 AM
Buying bitcoin wiil expand on whole world. In countries where are young educated people BTC  must be accepted and used. Asian people have seen first potential of btc. In last few months popularity of bitcoin suddenly increased. I think this percentage will change.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
September 03, 2017, 04:54:43 PM
China has lost its central position as being the main Asian Bitcoin and crypto hotspot, and I am glad that this has happened. It shows that the overall demand in the Asian continent has more to offer than just China. Seriously, if we look at how 'newcomer' South Korea has been developing itself in crypto terms, it shows that even seemingly small nations can bring a huge load of growth to the table. SK exchange Bithumb is standing firmly on top of all other exchanges in the world, where they make the volumes of traditional USD exchanges look like a joke. I really hope that this sort of growth will keep extending in the Asian continent, but at the same time, the African market in the coming years might be something interesting to focus on as well.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
September 03, 2017, 09:54:43 AM
The Bitcoin price and value continue to rise and this week has seen Bitcoin drive past the $5000 level, a new all time high. Interesting to note that Japan leads the current 24-hour ranking.

#1 Japanese Yen – 54.54%
#2 U.S. Dollar – 26.64%
#3 Chinese Yuan – 8.23%
#4 South Korean Won – 6.11%
#5 Euro – 3.01%

In 2016, reporting showed that most of the trading was coming from China, however, since the People’s Bank of China imposed strict regulations on the crypto exchanges in the country, the percentage of traded volume using the Yuan dropped significantly. In contrast to China, the Government of Japan passed a law legalizing Bitcoin as a payment system. Bitcoin adoption in the country has rapidly escalated as the merchant, consumer, institutions have embraced this bold move.

Taken from here.

These figures are telling us that indeed it is now Japan which is leading the way for Bitcoin. It is not anymore China which is controlling the biggest chunk of the market (though they still control the mining part). I am glad that Japan embraced Bitcoin with all gusto and excitement. Amazingly, we can see here that the future of Bitcoin belongs to Asia.
Jump to: