Author

Topic: [2017-09-12]Swiss Town to Accept Tax Payments in Bitcoin (Read 2053 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
While in general this is a decent bit of news initially, I find this article to be very poorly set-up and not containing much actual information. It's like they rushed this article online in order to gain a few ad pennies -- it's a common thing nowadays in the crypto news scene. That being said, the allowed amount of $265 in tax is peanuts, and doesn't allow people to properly utilize this option -- even for testing purposes it is literally a joke. I don't read anywhere why they have put a limit on it being this low, it doesn't make any sense. If you do something, at least do it right or state what the limiting factor is.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
Well, I knew about street of bitcoin (Anhime, Nederlands) and now we gonna have city of bitcoin. Switzerland is following the technical and economical progress, what I can't to say about my place, Kudymkar city in the middle of Russia. I'm honestly envy them and think it will bring even more capital and wealth to the whole county.
legendary
Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038
Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar
265$ is not much but I guess that would be something like test period not only for them but for other cities/countries also. It wouldn't surprise me if Switzerland become the first country to accept Bitcoin for everyday stuff like paying bills etc
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
Swiss Town to Accept Tax Payments in Bitcoin

The municipality of Chiasso in Switzerland is to start accepting tax payments in bitcoin, according to a local news report.

The new scheme, to be put into place for the start of next year, was apparently made following discussion with various blockchain groups based in the area.

There are limits to the scheme, however, and tax payments made in bitcoin cannot exceed 250 Swiss francs (around $265), the report states.

The Mayor of Chiasso, Bruno Arrigoni, was cited as saying that the town is "recognised internationally as an epicentre of a growing technological and economic growth for both the canton and in Switzerland."

Nicknamed the "CryptoPolis," Chiasso is set on establishing itself as a rival to the country's blockchain epicentre Zug, and has reportedly seen eight startups set up base there in the past few months.

Zug, which has become famous internationally as Switzerland's "Cryptovalley," announced it would allow citizen to pay for government services in digital currencies back in 2016. However, Zug has not made any move to integrate bitcoin tax payments as an option for its inhabitants.

https://www.coindesk.com/swiss-town-to-accept-tax-payments-in-bitcoin/
Jump to: