Author

Topic: [2017-09-14]BTCChina will shut down on sept 30. (Read 1503 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
September 14, 2017, 12:29:06 PM
Do you remember what happened the last time the Chinese banned Bitcoin? The major exchanges were forced to close their

doors and they could only re-open once they adhered to the strict regulation that the Chinese regulators forced down on

them. I think this is round 2. The Chinese government wants to stop Capital flight and they can only do this, if they can

regulate the entities that are being used to do this. I would not get rid of my bitcoins, if I were a Chinese citizen.  Wink
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
BTCChina announced tonight that they will stop all trading on Sept. 30, 2017 and Dragon TV aired that all domestic exchanges will be shut down.

After carefully considering the “Seven Regulatory Bodies’ Announcement on Preventing Risks Associated With Token Fundraising,” BTCChina has decided to:

1. Immediately stop accepting new account registrations on BTCChina Exchange.

2. Stop all trading on BTCChina Exchange on Saturday, September 30th.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please note that BTCChina Pool is not affected; customers will still be able to use our mining pool services.
http://news.8btc.com/there-is-no-legal-basis-for-platforms-which-engage-in-the-trading-of-various-forms-of-virtual-currencies
Jump to: