Author

Topic: [2017-10-11] Goldman Sachs: Not Trading Bitcoin Yet, But Still Interested (Read 258 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 253
As I have read a part “advices to used ethereum”, just curious who was that be. I hope Sachs to choose bitcoin eventhough is it also advantageous to cryptocurrency even they used altcoin.

This is a much worth to read than those negative news and hoping each of the member of this forum will see the difference in posting positive than the negative one’s.

I mean can we just ignored those negative comments so that it can’t create panic to the community for in the end it is us will be affected not the one who make unnecessary statements as a result of depressions.(Dimon)
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
We are already close to mass adoption stage but some people are still skeptic with bitcoin. If Sachs will let fear interfere with his choice with bitcoin, then he just proved that he's not a wise investor.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
This will make the price rise a lot, we really need those kind of news about bitcoin everyday, of course that they  make the price pump a bit, not much, but it helps a lot against those users or websites that are only dedicated to spread fud about bitcoin and it's price.
I noticed that some wallstreet investors were going to start trading with altcoins soon (new altcoins i mean, like those who are not even in a big broker yet)
Activity: 994
Merit: 515
Get'em boys

The demand for Bitcoin and the rush to invest in the digital coin are growing daily. Despite the criticism and ‘fraud’ accusations, great names like Goldman Sachs Group Inc. are thinking about introducing a cryptocurrencies trading desk and what kind of legal bottlenecks are involved.

Goldman Sachs
Image: the street

It was reported earlier that the company is considering the possibility for its investors to trade in Bitcoin. The bank is yet to commence cryptocurrency trading and is looking into the legal implications.

A bank as experienced as Goldman Sachs wouldn’t want to jump into a business that may face regulations in the future; it has to be sure that the possible hurdles are looked into before taking a leap.

Goldman CEO Lloyd Blankfein on Twitter:

"Still thinking about #Bitcoin. No conclusion -- not endorsing/rejecting. Know that folks also were skeptical when paper money replaced gold."

Cryptocurrency trading, as any other trading, is a volatile business and the fact that illicit business owners may also have access to it means that it could be subjected to regulatory laws sooner than later.

While countries like Estonia, India, Malta, Japan, Russia, and China are already thinking of launching their own national cryptocurrencies, they still fear Bitcoin could be fully accepted. And some financial regulatory agencies, like the SEC, think that this area needs to be fully regulated. 

If Goldman Sachs eventually joins Bitcoin trading, it would no doubt boost investors’ confidence in the digital coin and will most likely increase its demand even more.

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/goldman-sachs-not-trading-bitcoin-yet-but-still-interested
Jump to: