Author

Topic: [2017-10-12] Cryptocurrency-Mining-As-As-Service Is A Future Tailwind For AMD (Read 173 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 256
No official statement yet from the AMD's representative,  but it is still a good move if they offer that service as it gives a lot of headaches to miners when running and setting up cryptocurrency mining hardware. B2B platform is a better choice to add some revenue from AMDs market as consumer based GPU production for mining has a slim of profit as what they claim. The downside of CMaaS is it will create a centralizing effect of blockchain which is prone to network attack.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
I like Motek Moyen's courage by giving his fearless forecasts in this article. He predicts that the total cryptocurrency market capitalization will grow to 400 billion in 5 years. We are now at 150 billion.

Then he predicts that this will also make AMD grow expand its business outside GPU manufacturing and will start going into, what he calls, Cryptocurrency-mining-as-a-Service or simply cloud mining.

That is very brave of him to say that.

Cloud Mining Services Can Go Mainstream

I look forward to AMD eventually supplying its EPYC servers processors and Vega/Navi datacenter GPU accelerators to crypto money trading operators like Coinbase. My fearless forecast is that there will be more operators of Cryptocurrency-mining-as-a-Service [CMaaS]. Opportunistic capitalists in countries (like China/Russia) where there are cheap electricity rates and/or abundant sunshine and wind, will operate CMaaS cloud platforms.

Genesis Mining is currently the largest CMaaS operator. Once Microsoft (MSFT) Azure starts offering CMaaS to compete with Genesis Mining, other top cloud computing firms will probably follow. If you don’t have space and/or the patience to build/maintain mining rigs and solar/wind energy systems, you can just buy a two-year crypto mining contract for Ether.

Read in full https://seekingalpha.com/article/4112970-cryptocurrency-mining-service-future-tailwind-amd
Jump to: