Author

Topic: [2017-10-31]Bitcoin Gold Team Has Implemented Protection Against Replay Transact (Read 2001 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
Finally. I just want to be able to sell this coin. I do not care about what they are good for, or about their team.

Same here. It's going to be one big dump when they open wallets for deposits.
This coin is just waiting for an end IMO. When a coin gets airdropped it usually ends up being dumped to some extent and stabilize after that. If you want to buy this coin wait for another 2 - 3 weeks until people who want to get rid of it empty their wallets and see what's left. If it goes below 0.01 it's going to be sad for the devs, but I wouldn't expect a different outcome for a premined fork coin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 526
Finally. I just want to be able to sell this coin. I do not care about what they are good for, or about their team.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
The excuse being used by the developers from 2x to not implement replay protection is not going to go well with many people

and the Bitcoin Gold developers has seen this gap and pounced on it. By not including replay protection in 2x, they actually

cemented the idea that it is a hostile attack against Bitcoin. The Bitcoin Gold developers are pushing all the right buttons with

their friendly fork.  Grin
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
Bitcoin Gold developers partially fulfilled the promise and eliminated the vulnerability in respect of protection against replay. However, this is unlikely to save this coin from such a low rate. Recently, Bitcoin gold has fallen so much in price that, probably, it will not help. Although it is still possible. This coin has not yet shown what it is capable of.
It seems to me that you are in a hurry to bury this coin. In order for bitcoin has become as it is now it took him a few years. What will happen if we see history repeat itself only now with bitcoin gold? I won't buy new coins, but the ones that I got for free I'll keep the purse until they are either expensive or die.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Gold developers partially fulfilled the promise and eliminated the vulnerability in respect of protection against replay. However, this is unlikely to save this coin from such a low rate. Recently, Bitcoin gold has fallen so much in price that, probably, it will not help. Although it is still possible. This coin has not yet shown what it is capable of.
Activity: 455
Merit: 250
The Bitcoin Gold developers announced the addition of replay protection. As noted web-site, protection against repeat playback is an important function that prevents erroneous sending of coins to another chain. In this case, Bitcoin Gold developers used the SIGHASH_FORK_ID solution...

Read more https://bit.news/eng/bitcoin-gold-team-implemented-protection-transaction-replay/
Jump to: