Author

Topic: [2017-12-01] Bitcoin. Futures. When? (Read 8750 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 18, 2017, 07:26:48 AM
The CME Group launched Bitcoin Futures on December 17, 2017. January's futures on cryptocurrency started from $20.7 thousand, but in three hours went down $18.8, 3 thousand.
As noted, the exchange trades contracts on Bitcoin index not on Bitcoin itself.
December 11, 2017, 05:56:03 AM
they will start at 18 december 2017. please google for "CME Group Self-Certifies Bitcoin Futures to Launch Dec. 18"

Yes, you are right. But at the time this article was posted, there was no official statement from the US authorities. But to sum it up we think that the USA will be the first to launch futures. Now, it is more interesting to observe how the situation in the cryptocurrency market will change.

I am not so sure this is accurate, although i would love if it is the case.
i am sure some people have been able to progress with bitcoin but how do poor people buy into in in the first place?

But at the time this article was posted, there was no official statement from the US authorities.
Articles are quite vague regarding CME, where some articles were saying that CME didn't even filled anything, and a while later they were waiting for authorative approval, so it's a mixture of faulty information.

Important is that now they officially have set a date for a launch of their futures market, it with a high probability means that they have been approved. If not, then why bother putting up a launch date?

It's a massive player in the financial world that isn't here to fool around with people. Let's be happy with how we have seen this industry move forwards in such a short period of time. It's not likely that we get to experience a similar year again.

I agree with you, and I expect bitcoin futures to be launched by CME in mid December (supposedly 18th December), but I recent read an article on cointelegraph, that claims that the US government could still pass a law that would void the authorization issued by the CFTC. Let's not forget that CFTC is an independent agency, so although they have the authority to regulate and control a specific area or industry, that is too complex to be regulated by executive agencies (in this case CFTC regulates commodity futures and option markets in the United States), they are independent and may not share the view of the President and the Congress.

Not saying this will happen, because they would need a very good reason to interfere with the decision of a independent agency, that is of course specialized in this area. So we will probably see bitcoin futures in the 18th December, and then NASDAQ will probably follow in 2018 as they have already announced.

Link to the article I've mentioned in this post:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-politicians-face-dilemma-on-how-to-handle-bitcoin-futures-trading

I believe we will see the first traunch of futures investors on the 10th.
it is quite unbelievable how bitcoin has mushroomed in just a few months.

where will these new investors bring us?

It was actually expected that the price of Bitcoin will go down right after the launch of futures. It didn't happen so it is even more interesting to see what's going to happen in the nearest future.
Activity: 490
Merit: 136
December 07, 2017, 08:42:14 AM
they will start at 18 december 2017. please google for "CME Group Self-Certifies Bitcoin Futures to Launch Dec. 18"

Yes, you are right. But at the time this article was posted, there was no official statement from the US authorities. But to sum it up we think that the USA will be the first to launch futures. Now, it is more interesting to observe how the situation in the cryptocurrency market will change.

I am not so sure this is accurate, although i would love if it is the case.
i am sure some people have been able to progress with bitcoin but how do poor people buy into in in the first place?

But at the time this article was posted, there was no official statement from the US authorities.
Articles are quite vague regarding CME, where some articles were saying that CME didn't even filled anything, and a while later they were waiting for authorative approval, so it's a mixture of faulty information.

Important is that now they officially have set a date for a launch of their futures market, it with a high probability means that they have been approved. If not, then why bother putting up a launch date?

It's a massive player in the financial world that isn't here to fool around with people. Let's be happy with how we have seen this industry move forwards in such a short period of time. It's not likely that we get to experience a similar year again.

I agree with you, and I expect bitcoin futures to be launched by CME in mid December (supposedly 18th December), but I recent read an article on cointelegraph, that claims that the US government could still pass a law that would void the authorization issued by the CFTC. Let's not forget that CFTC is an independent agency, so although they have the authority to regulate and control a specific area or industry, that is too complex to be regulated by executive agencies (in this case CFTC regulates commodity futures and option markets in the United States), they are independent and may not share the view of the President and the Congress.

Not saying this will happen, because they would need a very good reason to interfere with the decision of a independent agency, that is of course specialized in this area. So we will probably see bitcoin futures in the 18th December, and then NASDAQ will probably follow in 2018 as they have already announced.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-politicians-face-dilemma-on-how-to-handle-bitcoin-futures-trading

I believe we will see the first traunch of futures investors on the 10th.
it is quite unbelievable how bitcoin has mushroomed in just a few months.

where will these new investors bring us?
December 07, 2017, 08:16:31 AM
Update. Finally, CBOE will launch Futures on 10th December.
December 05, 2017, 09:10:11 AM

Thank you for your comment. This is the feature of the current cryptocurrency market, which is overheated now. It is quite easy to agitate the market just by giving some information that needs additional verification. We, as the news website, are trying to bring the most truthful information on the current situation, including thoughts, comments, and information from our users.
Activity: 700
Merit: 350
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
December 04, 2017, 10:16:15 AM

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
December 04, 2017, 09:46:11 AM

December 04, 2017, 09:37:42 AM

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
December 03, 2017, 07:12:37 AM
It seems to me that in anticipation of this event, the price of bitcoin will rise even higher. Bitcoin gradually penetrates deeply into our lives. For 7 years, bitcoin has become a leader among the world's currencies at a price and gave hope for a better life to millions of people who are not lucky enough and they were born in poor countries.

Totally agree on that
Activity: 392
Merit: 137
December 02, 2017, 04:32:59 PM
It seems to me that in anticipation of this event, the price of bitcoin will rise even higher. Bitcoin gradually penetrates deeply into our lives. For 7 years, bitcoin has become a leader among the world's currencies at a price and gave hope for a better life to millions of people who are not lucky enough and they were born in poor countries.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
December 02, 2017, 04:13:01 PM
December 01, 2017, 05:44:14 AM
What are the Futures?

In simple terms, they are contracts that obligate the buyer to purchase an asset or the seller to sell an asset such as a physical commodity or a financial instrument. The main idea is that the price and date are predetermined. Futures contracts detail the quality and quantity of the underlying asset; they are standardized to facilitate trading on a futures exchange. Some futures contracts may call for physical delivery of the asset, while others are settled in cash.

Bitcoin is about to enter the Futures market. Why is it so important?

Read more: https://tokenzone.io/all-posts/bitcoin-futures
Jump to: