Author

Topic: [2017-12-07] Will Bitcoin Futures Bring Us Back to US Dollar Dominance? (Read 1153 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
What are the Bitcoin futures?

Bitcoin futures contract is the obligation to sell or buy a certain number of Bitcoins at a predetermined price before the contract expires. The initial margin, which is the equity required to initiate a futures position, can only be 10-15% of the transaction amount. In this case, the effect of "leverage" appears and market participants can obtain a relatively large income.

Derivative financial instruments are investments with high risks because if the price of the underlying asset is predicted incorrectly, market participants will lose way more than they initially invested. Execution of obligations under futures contracts is guaranteed by the exchange based on the legislation within which it operates. Now I want to share my own opinion on this matter. Since everyone says that Bitcoin is a new gold, I want to say that futures will turn Bitcoin into gold in the worst sense of the word.

Continue reading: https://tokenzone.io/all-posts/will-bitcoin-futures-bring-us-back-to-us-dollar-dominance
Jump to: