Author

Topic: [2017-12-08] Bitcoin Price Loses $3,000 in Major Correction (Read 3328 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 104
The fact that the bitkoy rate after a sharp increase in it first fell by about $ 3,000, and then went up by about a thousand dollars, I think that should be regarded as a manifestation of its usual volatility, and not as a fall in price. Apparently bikoyun will continue to increase in value after some time, because, I think, he still has enough potential for this. Ahead of us expect eight plugs bitkoyna for about a month, which had never happened before. Therefore, people will invest in it to get new free coins that are separated from it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 125
Alea iacta est
Another clickbait title.
It could have just as easily read "bitcoin gains only 115% this month" lol
Exactly, as clickbaity as it gets (at least for inexperienced people who are fairly new to the space). But for me all this clickbait is getting old. I like how they use the term major correction while bitcoin went up $6000 on about 3 days. And even if we include the 'major correction' of today we're still up $3000 in less than a week. That's still insane.

I really wonder if the writers of these 'artucles' get paid for their work because this stuff is pointless.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
Like any Bitcoiner, I've been following the price every day since I got my first coins, and now I feel like correction is some sort of myth. Every time the price grows people start expecting correction, they claim that its unhealthy when the price grows without resistance and dips, and basically just try to say that "after it went up it must go down", but in reality markets are unpredictable, they easily go against common expectancies and predictions - and this is one of the major reasons why so much people today regret selling or not buying earlier - they all have thought that the top was a few months ago, that the market will soon crash and they will buy at the bottom.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
It's all part of the game. If you see the market increase with a few thousand in a very short time, it will likely go down that much as well in a short time. If you look at how thin the market is, then even a mild sell-off can eat through thousands of dollars. If people already see this as something significant, then how will they react when we see the market tank from current to sub $10,000 levels.... If we go down with 50% from current levels, then even after that correction we're up like 600%, which is insane. This market's bottoms become higher and higher, and that's the most important thing to focus on.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
Another clickbait title.

So true... If it goes up by 100% and then loses a fraction of it, like 20%, it's a normal market action. Some investors have taken profits and the price went down, but since it hasn't continued to go down some of them bought back. This is a great  bullish sign and we're back on track to $20k.
Also, please stop calling it a major correction because it's not. A major correction would take us down by at least 80-90% of the last week's rise, meaning we'd stop at $10k.
Activity: 164
Merit: 19
Another clickbait title.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
There was no correction in the price, it is just volatility of Bitcoin as price may shot up any time soon again. So, one cannot declare it as correction in the price. Moreover according to me at correction price gets stable for some time and faces a greater push back, But what we saw should be called as volatility of Bitcoin as its value is again above 16,500 USD so definitely no correction took place. Bitcoin value needs to be corrected but its not going to happen any soon for now.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
It must have happened in a flash as I was not aware that Bitcoin made a steep fall of around $3,000 before immediately recovering and surging again.

it was not exactly a "flash" the dip took a couple of hours and price lasted there a while. i think the whole thing was about 6 hours more or less. and the price is currently sitting right in the middle of the price range (max and min)! $15,500 @bitstamp

How many people were able to buy more Bitcoin when it retreated can be a good topic to guess! usually when there is a big dip, whales may decide to come in and buy more and this can create pressure for Inhibitor to go upwards again. I am then hoping that it was the price correction which the market has been anticipating to happen against the surging backdrop. Looking at CMC, Bitcoin is currently listed at $16,450 and I am not complaining.

you can never expect drops like this completely. you can say something like , there has been a big rise so there should be a drop soon. even come up with some prices but it is impossible to say will it be after $16K, $16.5k or $17k but after it starts, sometimes it becomes clear that is why others join in.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Well its really bound to happen. I didn't see the price peak at $18,000 or more at Western Exchanges, however I have seen it making corrections in the last 12 hours or so. As I have said, it's gonna happen, and its scary to see how it meteorically rise in the last couple of days. But as soon as a correction happens, there will be a lot of investors willing to jump and get it when the price is somewhat at a "discount price". And with all this buying I'm sure that it will go up once again. Looks like investors are willing to really put a lot of cash in the market now, and they don't care if they are going to it at top price, or so called corrections price which for me is still a tad higher.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501

Bitcoin’s wild ride continues as the cryptocurrency took an abrupt fall in trading above $17,000 to hit a ‘low’ of $14,106. Bitcoin price has had its biggest fall in dollar valuation yet, losing over $3,000 from it’s high of $17,203.45 during the early hours of Friday (UTC) down to $14,106.32, global average markets’ data shows.

The 17% drop, while steep, falls short of the 20% decline in bitcoin prices on November 30 – a day after bitcoin price hit $10,000. At press time, bitcoin is trading back above $15,500.
Read more here...

It must have happened in a flash as I was not aware that Bitcoin made a steep fall of around $3,000 before immediately recovering and surging again. How many people were able to buy more Bitcoin when it retreated can be a good topic to guess! usually when there is a big dip, whales may decide to come in and buy more and this can create pressure for Inhibitor to go upwards again. I am then hoping that it was the price correction which the market has been anticipating to happen against the surging backdrop. Looking at CMC, Bitcoin is currently listed at $16,450 and I am not complaining.

Jump to: