Author

Topic: [2017-12-22] After Litecoin Founder Charlie Lee Sold All His Litecoin (Read 103 times)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
He sold it all but he said he'll be there for the development. I think people were blaming him for pump/dump. Market hasn't really reacted to him dumping his coins. I think ltc should be good. I highly doubt he dumped all he had but who knows.
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
I highly doubt he "donated" all or a significant amount of it. I do think that it was a bad move for him to have sold everything and left. Though like bitcoins, LTC should survive fine without a member of its development even if the founder left as well. This is what is nice about cryptocurrencies. It is independent and does not required a central authority to make changes. We just need a consensus from the users.
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
Over these days, the breaking news in the cryptocurrency circle is that Charlie Lee, the creator of the world’s fifth-biggest cryptocurrency, Litecoin, unexpectedly “sold and donated” all of his litecoin on Wednesday this week. “Litecoin has been very good for me financially, so I am well off enough that I no longer need to tie my financial success to Litecoin’s success. For the first time in 6+ years, I no longer own a single LTC that’s not stored in a physical Litecoin” Lee said in the post.

Lee explained that his liquidation was aimed at preventing a “conflict of interest” as some people claim he could manipulate the price of Litecoin, and asked readers to please “don’t ask me how many coins I sold or at what price. I can tell you that the amount of coins was a small percentage of GDAX’s daily volume and it did not crash the market.”

The news soon got spread and triggered heated discussion both at home and abroad.

In China, his weibo soon intrigued heated discussion and comments received were roughly in two camps, with some supporting and adoring him, while some being quite mean, among which the top ones are:

“Despicable, hypocritical, fake-faced bitch, yes, it’s all about YOU [vomit] [vomit] [vomit] What you did can easily sent you to jail in USA. shilling Ltc just to sell high for profits=typical market manipulation=shame on you [vomit].”

http://news.8btc.com/after-litecoin-founder-charlie-lee-sold-all-his-litecoin
Jump to: