Author

Topic: [2017-12-25] New Cryptocurrency Mining Bot Is Infesting Facebook Messenger (Read 138 times)

Activity: 232
Merit: 100
Has Facebook made an official statement about this? I looked for one and couldn't find anything.
Yes, Facebook has assured users that they maintain a plethora of automated of systems to stop harmful files from being circulated in FB and messenger. And anyone suspected of being infected from such malware is provided a free scan from Facebook's trusted partners. These malware mining software have been around a long time but where there is hype, there is hack.
Activity: 232
Merit: 105
I doubt that Facebook will come out with an announcement about it. It'll hurt their base. And as the bot isn't affecting the app itself, just the app in Chrome. So it's really affecting Google more than Facebook. I wonder if Google is doing anything about that.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Has Facebook made an official statement about this? I looked for one and couldn't find anything.
Activity: 924
Merit: 556
Cyber security researchers found a new type of malware spreading across the world via the Facebook Messenger app. This malicious bot is using the many computers it has infected to mine cryptocurrency for its unscrupulous developers at the expense of users. Full article on Bicoin.com
Jump to: