Author

Topic: [2018-02-16] Japan's Finance Watchdog to Inspect 15 Unlicensed Crypto Exchanges (Read 91 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 16
More control is good, especially in terms of exchanges. There were a lot of fishy "hacks" (wink wink nudge nudge) and "bankruptcies" in the past that I can't believe that there still are unlicensed exchanges out there. Instead of figuring out how to tax cryptocurrencies, I think the most important and urgent task of any government is to come up with regulations for exchanges, and they have to shut down any exchange that doesn't comply.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
I wish the western regulators would do so with all the shitty unlicensed exchanges in this market. I like the swift response from Japan after the recent 'hack' of Coincheck. It yet again shows their initiative in an attempt to have similar situations in the future prevented. I however hope that the authorities won't just leave Coincheck alone like nothing has happened after they are finished. It's insanely shady that an exchange has $500 million worth of digital assets sitting in hot wallets. On top of that, this $500 million concerned just one single coin! How much digital value had they overall in their hot wallets? Nothing points at these numbers, which I would like to know honestly. I tried to search for a proof of solvency kinda section of Coincheck, but couldn't find it.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Japan's Finance Watchdog to Inspect 15 Unlicensed Crypto Exchanges

The Japanese government said today that inspections will take place at 15 unlicensed cryptocurrency exchanges in light of a recent major hack.

https://www.coindesk.com/japanese-government-orders-inspections-at-15-unlicensed-crypto-exchanges/
Jump to: