Author

Topic: [2018-02-28] Circle X Exchange Will Be More Than Coinbase Challenger (Read 63 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Coinbase eats Poloniex and everything that's connected to Circle for breakfast, and it still has room for more. I get it that with Goldman Sachs they have a very important party on their side, but that doesn't mean anything in this case. Don't forget that Poloniex is on its way down, literally, and that for months straight. It's not for nothing that the majority of the whales ditched Poloniex for Bittrex and even Binance. Poloniex will need to use Goldman Sach's connections to become a hotspot for institutions and wealthy individuals to invest in crypto directly, and eventually also to have them gamble on futures and options. I was a bit too excited when this news came out a few days ago, and have now taken a more conservative stance that reflects the reality more. I still believe it's great for crypto in general, but it needs time to see how Poloniex will progress from here.
Activity: 420
Merit: 19

The news comes following Circle's buyout of cryptocurrency exchange Poloniex, announced Feb. 26. Notably, the acquisition is one of, if not the largest, acquisitions in the industry to date.

What's your opinion on it?

https://www.coindesk.com/circle-x-crypto-exchange-will-coinbase-challenger/
Jump to: