Author

Topic: [2018-03-04] Poll Shows People Want An Amazon Cryptocurrency (Read 90 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Blockchain adoption by well known institutions is a huge boost to the development of the tech, however, should each institution decide to create its own coin with the intent of introducing that coin for widespread use as oppose to just within their system may not lead to anything good for everyone. Why not adopt bitcoin or any of the rising alternatives instead of developing their own.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
I'm curious what the people that want an Amazon Coin would do with it. How would it be different than points?

What they probably don't realize is that there already is something called amazon coins. And it is absolutely no different from points.
https://developer.amazon.com/coins
If another platform needed money, they could easily do it through an ICO and issue of tokens. Amazon is loaded, has a money generating web services businesses and has absolutely no need to issue tokens.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
I'm curious what the people that want an Amazon Coin would do with it. How would it be different than points?

Correct, it doesn't make any sense. Fiat or bitcoin or any altcoins will be suffice if people want to purchase anything from Amazon. I guess they don't really understand what the survey was or those who have answered  

think that a Amazon coin could be worth something like in the future as form of investment. hehehe.

And I think 1000 people is just a small margin to begin with and I don't think it "accurately" reflects the population's consensus.

Or maybe another crappy articles from Cointelegraph. *palm-face*....
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io

https://cointelegraph.com/news/poll-shows-people-want-an-amazon-cryptocurrency-starbucks-hints-of-a-blockchain-app

Online retailer Amazon this week received feedback that its hypothetical creation of an “Amazon Coin” would be positively received, while Starbucks, another large traditional consumer company, spoke of plans to use Blockchain on the Starbucks app, also hinting of the possibility of creating their own currency for the app’s use.

A little over half of 1000 respondents who used Amazon in the last month have indicated that they would use the online retailer’s cryptocurrency in the case that Amazon ever branched out into creating the provisionally dubbed “Amazon Coin,” a Feb. 27 survey by LendEDU shows.

Whats your opinion on this?
Jump to: