Author

Topic: [2018-03-18] - Bitmain Announces New Monero-Mining Antminer X3 (Read 125 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 255
Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency
I'm an opponent of asics so it doesn't bother me. I won't be upset even if they're banned at all. But I'm worried about something else. Many banks now block the transfer Fiat for buying asics, customs refused to clear mining equipment, exchanges impose restrictions for withdrawal of Fiat, etc certainly influences the decline in demand for the cryptocurrency. We can lose cryptocurrencies at all if we do not take countermeasures.
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
In a confusing decision, Bitmain has updated their sales page again for the batches 3 and 4 of the Antminer X3 to read “No shipping to Hong Kong,” while only yesterday the description for these batches denoted that they would “only” be shipped to Hong Kong.

Bitmain’s just-released ASIC-powered Antminer X3, designed to mine the CryptoNight hashing algorithm used by Monero (XMR), may not be effective by its first release in May 2018, according to an article by The Next Web published yesterday. 

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitmain-announces-new-monero-mining-antminer-x3-cryptos-devs-say-will-not-work

What effect it would make in mining?
Jump to: