Author

Topic: [2018-03-26] New Abstract Painting Series Offers Crypto To Anyone Who Can Solve (Read 111 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
I do not see the code here
And I do not see a painting here
Modern art is something above me
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
As far as I understood, the buyer of the painting gets a small hint from the artist which can help him to solve the quest  and get access to the wallet. This is fair
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
Artist Andy Bauch’s new painting series “New Money,” combines art and crypto by hiding abstract codes in his Lego artwork, the paintings representing the private keys to wallets containing as much as $9000 worth of cryptocurrencies each, Gizmodo reported Friday, March 23.

Buying this piece does not mean that you own the private key, as anyone who figures out the code will be able to take the money for themselves. However, Bauch told Gizmodo that he will give the purchaser of any painting “a hint.”

The exhibit, which will be displayed at the Castelli Art Space in Los Angeles from March 23-25, also contains a live feed of the changing prices of the money in each private key.

As of press time, all of the crypto appears to still be in each wallet, meaning that either no one has cracked any of the codes, or perhaps just not moved the money yet. Each painting is on sale for between $1,500 and $4,800, the price not reflecting the value of its private key wallet holdings.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-abstract-painting-series-offers-crypto-to-anyone-who-can-solve-its-puzzles
Jump to: