Author

Topic: [2018-06-20] Amsterdam Schiphol Airport Installs Europe’s First Airport Bitcoin (Read 142 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10
World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
That's a really nice news for cryptolovers. There is a significant increase in the number of installed ATM all over the world. I hope it increases even more.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
Soon bitcoin will become one of the major currencies in the world, so it's really the right decision to install an ATM. This will help many who work with earnings in bitcoins.
Been reading this phrase all over the forum everyday I log in, it is beginning to sound more cliche than it actually having the chance of happening!

Here it is:

P.S. I know this airport very well. It looks like the ATM is near the currency exchange near the train exit.
Based on the information I gathered from the websiteyou got this image from, I understand the atm will remain until January 2019 as it was placed for trial purpose to help the authorities assess the demand for cryptocurrency services.
Activity: 119
Merit: 0
Soon bitcoin will become one of the major currencies in the world, so it's really the right decision to install an ATM. This will help many who work with earnings in bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Well. that clinches it. My next vacation to one of my favorite cities. I was going to stay in the USA for a change. But my money is too good for Trupshits small minded America. Europe and Canada are the leaders of the free world now.

Here it is:

P.S. I know this airport very well. It looks like the ATM is near the currency exchange near the train exit.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
This is a pretty big story, and I almost missed it!

There's always been a slight tendency for businesses in touristic locales to accept Bitcoin, but it's surprised me that the travel industry haven't been completely leading the way. I guess they're as skeptical and/or conservative as any other industry. This is especially interesting though; international airports are not very politically neutral businesses, the government has alot of control over what happens on airport premises. Either Bitcoin is not so controversial to the Dutch political class (which is possible considering the Dutch have a very liberal cultural tradition, not least in innovative financial concepts), or the controversy doesn't bother them. Probably a little of both.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport Installs Europe’s First Airport Bitcoin ATM

The world’s eleventh-busiest airport has installed a “test” Bitcoin ATM in a move officials say will better “serve” travellers’ needs.

http://bitcoinist.com/amsterdam-schiphol-airport-installs-europes-first-airport-bitcoin-atm/
Jump to: