Author

Topic: [2018-10-20] New York City Mansion Hits the Market for Either Cash or Bitcoin (Read 116 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 4
It's good that the owner of this property is open to accepting Bitcoin as payment for this property. But I guess it's a long way off until we can use Bitcoin to buy a packet of chips.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
"Despite Niederhoffer’s affinity for the historical property originally constructed around 1897, he is also very bullish on Bitcoin (BTC) and desires to own more of the cryptocurrency."

The best part of the story is, most probably most of those bitcoin won't get converted into fiat by Roy Niederhoffer as he's looking forward to getting more bitcoin. Wink

Yes, Roy seems to be very bullish about bitcoin and if I'm not mistaken, is slowly getting into bitcoin investments so I'm not surprised if he's going to accept bitcoin as payment for this historical houses in New York City. Crypto is slowly being noticed by lots of people specially with lots of money behind, I do hope that he find the perfect buyer and I'm sure that this will make another headlines in the next coming years.
Activity: 266
Merit: 26

The best part of the story is, most probably most of those bitcoin won't get converted into fiat by Roy Niederhoffer as he's looking forward to getting more bitcoin. Wink

That was the highlight of this article. As I understand he has put good amount of resources in to this house and does not mind getting BTC in return, this is just cool.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
"Despite Niederhoffer’s affinity for the historical property originally constructed around 1897, he is also very bullish on Bitcoin (BTC) and desires to own more of the cryptocurrency."

Activity: 924
Merit: 556
After a five-year renovation project, Roy Niederhoffer is now reluctantly placing his 10,720-foot mansion on the market for $15.9 million dollars, according to Fortune. Nestled close to Riverside Park in Manhattan with views of the Hudson River and New Jersey, the now six-floor residence is one Niederhoffer “admired for decades as one of the greatest houses in New York.”
Full article on Bitcoinist
Jump to: