Author

Topic: [2019-01-31]U.S.-regarded terrorist group Hamas looks to bitcoin for funding (Read 102 times)

copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 4
Grin is still unproven in the markets, supply will increase and the price will fall. They would be better off asking for monero instead. These terrorists are crypto noobs, learn your coins before asking for donations
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1140
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
I read this news and I didn't understand why they choose bitcoin specifically. I mean everyone who will donate to them will be tracked easily, even people using mixers could be identified also by the investigation agencies by requesting data from the mixing services and taking it down if it didn't cooperate... There is many alternative cryptocurrencies with higher anonymity than bitcoin that can be used easily and safely!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
Then it's a bad move for them since Bitcoin is not anonymous. It reminded me of those 2 Iranian hackers  who was indicted by the US Department of Justice for the Samsam malware. The US authorities we're able to tracked and traced the specific Bitcoin addresses that's why the identifies have been revealed. For sure they're not being followed and every movement will be closely monitored and will be stop at all cost before they can exchange it to fiat.
I don't think that most of those who try to use crypto as ransom payment option or for whatever other illegal activity, know that the far majority of crypto currencies don't offer any form of actual anonymity.

It's an easy way for authorities to whoop their booties, which is quite funny, because it's usually the authorities having a hard time catching up on technological advancements.

I guess it's the media being largely responsible for making it look like Bitcoin is a safe haven tool for criminals. They are better off looking into GrinCoin and have that be a real world test to see how anonymous that coin really is.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Then it's a bad move for them since Bitcoin is not anonymous. It reminded me of those 2 Iranian hackers  who was indicted by the US Department of Justice for the Samsam malware. The US authorities we're able to tracked and traced the specific Bitcoin addresses that's why the identifies have been revealed. For sure they're not being followed and every movement will be closely monitored and will be stop at all cost before they can exchange it to fiat.
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
A Hamas representative, sent out a request for funding via bitcoin on his Telegram channel.

The United States, among other countries, recognizes Hamas as a terrorist group. Although certain countries such as Russia and China do not label Hamas as a terrorist organization.

Obeida mentioned bitcoin specifically as a means to raise funds. He addressed his message to “all lovers of the resistance” as well as those who support their cause.

https://paperblockchain.com/u-s-regarded-terrorist-group-hamas-looks-to-bitcoin-for-funding/
Jump to: