Author

Topic: [2019-02-02]Bitstamp Launches Mobile Trading App for Android and iOS (Read 153 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Gemini's app appears to charge higher fees than the regular portal which seems rather screwed up to me also it only offers you market orders. 
More incentive for people to use that exchange through their phone's web browser rather than their app.  Cheesy

I couldn't imagine trading on a phone. You need precision and access to more information than one small screen can provide, but then I am old.
Most people don't care about any of that with how they buy in low to sell high based on nothing but their own gut feelings. In that case it's perfectly suitable. Robinhood app is mobile too, and it's being used by millions of average joes to trade stocks and whatnot wherever they are. It all comes down to user demand, and there is plenty of that.

The more advanced traders use their mobile phones mainly to manage their positions on the go rather than to actually trade.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
Yes, there are several exchanges already that have an app in the Play Store, and Binance as one of the more popular exchanges as well.

Gemini's app appears to charge higher fees than the regular portal which seems rather screwed up to me also it only offers you market orders.

I couldn't imagine trading on a phone. You need precision and access to more information than one small screen can provide, but then I am old.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Are Google Play and Applestore currently accepting crypto trading apps?
All the crypto exchange platforms are becoming mobile-friendly,which is convenient,but brings more security risks.I would never use my Android device to trade crypto,it doesn't seem secure enough for me.

Yes, there are several exchanges already that have an app in the Play Store, and Binance as one of the more popular exchanges as well.

I honestly don't see much of a problem with the app itself, but do see the mobility factor as a weak spot. People tend to connect to each and every wifi network they can find when they're out and about. Most of the average joes don't know what risks they expose themselves to, and this is how a lot of them end up getting hacked.

There are enough examples of fake wifi hotspots with identical names and everything as the store or food establishment you are spending some time at.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256
All the crypto exchange platforms are becoming mobile-friendly,which is convenient,but brings more security risks.I would never use my Android device to trade crypto,it doesn't seem secure enough for me.

Yes google are accepting crypto trading apps but im sure there
are limits, maybe not?

Coinbase have their android app on google play!

If we treat our devices properly security wont be an issue.

Let's get this out of the way. Android as an operating system is very secure.
It has multiple layers of protection to keep malware at bay, and it requires your specific
permission to do almost anything that could lead to your data or the system being
compromised. However, Android is an open system that trusts you the user and its
community of developers to do the right thing.

https://lifehacker.com/how-secure-is-android-really-1446328680

Its good to see Bitstamp launching a mobile app, cant understand
why companies are slow to provide apps, we do so much on mobile
devices nowadays it just makes sense.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 4
Looks good, does all the things needed to trade. However there is no mention of making deposits, especially in fiat. Good for a bit of trading on the go if they are day traders or simply crypto addicts
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
According to the announcement, the new app will replace the previous mobile platform and will include the following features:

Simple buy/sell interface for beginners
    Tradeview for experienced traders
    All currencies paired with USD, EUR and BTC
    Instant, market, limit and stop orders available
    Check your balances, transaction history and transaction details
    Remotely disable the app in case your phone is lost
    Send crypto for free

Read more : https://paperblockchain.com/bitstamp-launches-mobile-trading-app-for-android-and-ios/
Jump to: