Author

Topic: [2019-04-09] China's state planning agency seeks to ban bitcoin mining (Read 141 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
I just noticed that the same news was posted before me in another place.
Since I hate to see same topic discussed over and over again in many places, I'll close this.

Let's continue at  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/again-china-says-it-wants-to-eliminate-bitcoin-mining-5129707
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
I always wondered how it is possible that the largest communist country in the world has allowed something like bitcoin mining in so vast proportions, but probably the biggest reason is in fact that even the communist party likes the money and power that comes from it.

For years China is sends signals to that industry that it's time to find some new locations, what some have already done. It is obvious that China want to send a clear message to those who are still there, move away or we will close you. What I'm not clear about is "seeking public opinions", so they ask people what they think about bitcoin mining or?
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
Good. The final Chinese guff on our head will be the most welcome one. It'll distribute mining, reduce the 'China controls mining' meme and finally get it out of our hair for good.

The Chinese squishing of their exchanges certainly did us no harm. This is yet another long term favour they're doing the rest of us.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/apr/09/bitcoin-china-state-planning-agency-seeks-ban-cryptocurrency-mining

Cryptocurrency mining added to list of industrial activities Beijing wants to phase out

It did not stipulate a target date or plan for how to eliminate bitcoin mining, meaning that such activities should be phased out immediately, the document said. The public has until 7 May to comment on the draft.

Is the history repeating? As soon as Bitcoin tries to recover we see some "bad news" from China until they fill their bags, then change their minds to be able to sell high?
Jump to: