Author

Topic: [2019-04-11]Bithumb Announces External Audit Results in Wake of $13 Million Hack (Read 126 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
So finally they agreed that it was a hack by an insider. Losing millions of dollars multiple times is certainly not a good image for an exchange. I wonder how Bithumb will fix their image after this, as If it were me I'd stop using Bithumb for good. Sadly Korean love crypto so much up to the point they're fine trading on an exchange which has been hacked multiple times.
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
South Korean cryptocurrency exchange Bithumb has conducted a professional external audit of its funds after a major hack last month, the company confirmed in a statement on April 11.

Bithumb, South Korea’s largest exchange, lost around 14 billion won ($13 million) two weeks ago in an event executives believe was masterminded by an insider.

Now, Bithumb has used a third party to assess its reserves, repeating its previous assurances that customer funds remained safe in cold storage wallets.

The 14 billion of hacked EOS (EOS) tokens, a previous statement said, represented company-only funds. All remaining funds in its hot wallet were moved to cold storage following the loss.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bithumb-announces-external-audit-results-in-wake-of-13-million-hack
Jump to: