Author

Topic: [2019-07-26]Biggest University in Western Australia Accepts Bitcoin for PhD Prog (Read 126 times)

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
While i have small doubt about what topic will they teach on cryptocurrency PhD program, it's good to see actual Bitcoin usage as currency/payment method.

I wonder if it'll be focused on technology, economy or spread evenly.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 722
CoinPoker.com
Great News and it do proves out that there would really be having these institutions that do consider on adopting crypto-currency.Hopefully it would widespread like wildfire and might interest other universities as well.It can open up new gateways for students to discover about blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.Ill be excited on what university would do the same step.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
Love it! This is the content that is actually good for bitcoin.

Not FUD, or investment articles showcasing the ways you can profit off buying BTC, but more coverage showcasing big companies utilizing bitcoin as a payment option, which will promote mainstream adoption for it. Australia has been fairly accepting of crypto in recent years with their market reforms and removal of double taxation, but the government is still tightening regulations, mostly with taxation and the OTC trades related to bitcoin.

I would like to see the possible courses that would be able to be learned in college and university. I could see a lot of blockchain courses that teach people how to build and work on blockchains become a thing.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
It is good news and represents a bright face for the university away from linking these cryptocurrencies "that technology taught by university" and dark activities (drugs & weapons.)
The part that I liked "if the news is true" is that they accept payment in BTC Ð, not through a party that accepts these currencies and then exchange their value to the US dollar to avoid volatility.
Also, teaching Blockchain technology will enhance the uses of this technology in the future.
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
Another good news, but isn't very surprising for that news because Australia is one mof the most country accept and treat it as real money.
Australia government know the importance of bitcoin as digital currency, Australia they practice the benefits of bitcoin for the convinient of the user for fast transactions use por payment method or to buy good using crypto.
Activity: 891
Merit: 43
Random coins :)
Curtin University, the largest university in Western Australia with over 58,00 students, announced the launch of a cryptocurrency PhD program on July 23, 2019.

Curtin University Accepts Bitcoin, Ethereum
The Cryptocurrency PhD Scholarship Fund will allow companies and individuals to help PhD students studying  blockchain, cybersecurity and data analytics through cryptocurrency funding.

Full story https://cointelegraph.com/news/biggest-university-in-western-australia-accepts-bitcoin-for-phd-program
Jump to: