Author

Topic: [2019-08-06] The City of Seoul Will Create a Cryptocurrency for Citizen Rewards (Read 131 times)

legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 2353
Another one to the list. Not surprising, Korean is huge with blockchain technology, and even though there were more supportive of blockchain and the decentralization aspects, I recognize that they probably see a very bright future with the use of blockchain technology and they'd love to integrate that technology.

This looks like the closest thing to a blockchain city we have now, you could use a bus or another public service and then get coins for tax with. This'll also help their ID card system, and since they are so advanced and already have scanners at most places, I see a very easy transition into the new technology.

Also looks they are experimenting with contracts with past time workers on the blockchain. Very interesting...
Yes it's very promising for the crypto ecosystem IMO, since the adoption in Korea is deeper than most of other countries in the world, their project could really work and be used IRL, and could become a model for other countries! Moreover big tech korean companies like Samsung or LG could help to spread these projects in the rest of the world.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
Another one to the list. Not surprising, Korean is huge with blockchain technology, and even though there were more supportive of blockchain and the decentralization aspects, I recognize that they probably see a very bright future with the use of blockchain technology and they'd love to integrate that technology.

This looks like the closest thing to a blockchain city we have now, you could use a bus or another public service and then get coins for tax with. This'll also help their ID card system, and since they are so advanced and already have scanners at most places, I see a very easy transition into the new technology.

Also looks they are experimenting with contracts with past time workers on the blockchain. Very interesting...
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 2353
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will establish its first blockchain-based administrative services in November, according to a report in the Korean-language blockinpress.

The city’s blockchain points system will be introduced and residents of Seoul will receive S-coins for the use of public services. They will be able to redeem those points for rewards. Services that generate the coins include paying taxes and participating in public opinion polls.

In addition to the S-coin, a blockchain service for submitting qualifications without paper documents is also on the list for completion by November, as is the enhancing of the Seoul Citizens Card with blockchain to enable digital authentication for the use of public services.

https://www.coindesk.com/the-city-of-seoul-will-offer-blockchain-services-this-fall
Jump to: