Author

Topic: [2019-12-05] SEC Commissioner Hester Peirce to Speak at Crypto Finance Conferenc (Read 201 times)

hv_
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
I d wonder if she speaks about altering old SEC rules for altered tech. Esp altered BitCoin protocols.

Swissy is still save heaven for the ETH scam... it is an ICO and such a security .

See. ETH is just a pre mined scammy EXPERIMENT but ppl have payed money to the central founders who knew that their crap never could work.

Still scam others also by technobubble . Its called regulation arbitrage

https://mobile.twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/1209824060567441410
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
A commissioner speaking at a public event probably has nothing to do with any potential SEC approval of any ETFs, so don't even start thinking in that direction because it simply won't come into fruition.

It's nice to see that he is at least somewhat aware of the crypto situation, however.

But then again, the commissioner doesn't represent the organisation. It's as simple as that.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
Crypto mom

you guys need to listen to yourselves here. I'm in crypto because I don't need a mom anymore, if any of you do, quit. This is not for people with dependent relationships, this is for independent adults
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
The SEC should reconsider its views on crypto and then a lot will change.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
When it was first announced that she was a huge supporter of all things Crypto, everyone was over exited and thought that she was going to

change the Banking industry and the governments minds on Crypto currency and nothing happened. So now everyone is once again exited about

her being a speaker at this conference and I think we are going to see more of the same. I do not want to sound like a negative Nancy, but we have

to face the reality that these people are a tough nut to crack and one swallow does not make the Summer.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
Hester Pierce although being part of the Republican Party is what I can say out voice inside the SEC if I recall it correctly this is not her first time to talk in an event and she had said a dozen times already that Bitcoin can be considered as “internet money” in the future she is in fact one of the most pro-crypto politicians out there. Hopefully in there upcoming conference we will hear more positive news about SEC and the US government in general on going forward with crypto.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
This isn't really big news, Hester Peirce aka Crypto Mom is a known supporter of cryptocurrencies, and she's been doing it for a long time, but she's still in the minority, SEC as a whole isn't too enthusiastic about opening the floodgates of crypto.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 273
This Third Annual Crypto Finance Conference will not be a real crypto conference if the people speaking on the stage are not real crypto advocates or even developer. I am a little bit surprised why a crypto conference will invite the likes of this SEC momma? This should be entitled The Annual Crypto Regulators Conference if this kind of people will be the main speakers. What will the audience learn about crypto from these people? This momma has a sterling background indeed, but not in terms of crypto. 
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
I am seeing a slow change in the mindset of the people setting in many regulatory bodies in the USA
Mind explaining what that change in mindset exactly is? I don't believe anything of what they are saying, but look at what they have done so far, and what they have done has not changed at all, and I don't think it will change.

I don't think that people understand that regulators do not care about crypto and its adoption. All they do is restrict the freedom that people and businesses have, and that is not a good development even though many people believe it is.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
pffff, fuck this guy, he needs to sit down
"He" is a she. Noobies in crypto land refer to her as 'crypto mom'. Cheesy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hester_Peirce

I am dreaming that one day there will be a place where people can start their own government and will be adopting Bitcoin as the official currency but for the time being we have to pinch ourselves and face realities.
By supporting regulators that dream will stay a dream for ever. Every individual or group attempting to become their own government within any country, will be squashed like a bug.

I honestly don't even buy into the idea of starting your own government. Even people within crypto are currupt, toxic, etc. They only care about their own incentives and will do everything necessary to make sure YOU don't stand in their way.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

I am seeing a slow change in the mindset of the people setting in many regulatory bodies in the USA and this example with SEC is just one of the many manifestations that eventually regulators are going to cooperate with the cryptocurrency industry in laying down the infrastructure needed especially in the protection of the interest of the investing public. To those people who can't seem to understand why there is a need to work with the government, they just need to look at China, period. I am dreaming that one day there will be a place where people can start their own government and will be adopting Bitcoin as the official currency but for the time being we have to pinch ourselves and face realities.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
pffff, fuck this guy, he needs to sit down

these clowns need to get to know: cryptography is the regulator, who cares about these jumped up mouth breathers
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
SEC Commissioner Hester Peirce to Speak at Third Annual Crypto Finance Conference
https://bitcoingarden.org/sec-commissioner-hester-peirce-to-speak-at-third-annual-crypto-finance-conference/

The third annual Crypto Finance Conference (CfC St. Moritz) has announced SEC Commissioner Hester Peirce as the latest speaker to join the event lineup.

Peirce brings more than 20 years of financial and legal experience to the conference, having previously held positions at the prestigious Mercatus Center at George Mason University, serving as Senior Counsel on the U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, and as a Staff Attorney in the SEC’s Division of Investment Management.

Peirce will be leading a discussion on a number of different topics including; regulatory challenges on the international scale and in the US, obstacles regarding mainstream adoption of blockchain and cryptocurrencies, and the SEC’s current agenda on crypto and blockchain.

Federal Councillor and Head of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, Ignazio Cassis, will also speak at the event and discuss foreign policy vision — marking the second time a Federal Councillor will be attending the three-day conference. Deputy Member of the Governing Board of the Swiss National Bank (SNB) Dr. Thomas Moser will also be on hand to discuss how central banks are gearing up for mainstream adoption of digital currencies....

Conferences like this are the ones I usually want to be part of because it gives another angle to bitcoin and blockchain in general that it goes beyond trading, bull or bears which a lot of people have limited their understanding of the crypto world to be. Bringing an individual such as Pierce to the platform is another jump in the legitimacy of that gathering. But more importantly is the part of regulations that I see him bringing some more exposure and understanding to. I only hope that the communique of the conference would be made available for everyone who could't be available can get to learn one or two from the exercise.
Activity: 2025
Merit: 528
❤ Bitcoin Garden
SEC Commissioner Hester Peirce to Speak at Third Annual Crypto Finance Conference
https://bitcoingarden.org/sec-commissioner-hester-peirce-to-speak-at-third-annual-crypto-finance-conference/

The third annual Crypto Finance Conference (CfC St. Moritz) has announced SEC Commissioner Hester Peirce as the latest speaker to join the event lineup.

Peirce brings more than 20 years of financial and legal experience to the conference, having previously held positions at the prestigious Mercatus Center at George Mason University, serving as Senior Counsel on the U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, and as a Staff Attorney in the SEC’s Division of Investment Management.

Peirce will be leading a discussion on a number of different topics including; regulatory challenges on the international scale and in the US, obstacles regarding mainstream adoption of blockchain and cryptocurrencies, and the SEC’s current agenda on crypto and blockchain.

Federal Councillor and Head of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, Ignazio Cassis, will also speak at the event and discuss foreign policy vision — marking the second time a Federal Councillor will be attending the three-day conference. Deputy Member of the Governing Board of the Swiss National Bank (SNB) Dr. Thomas Moser will also be on hand to discuss how central banks are gearing up for mainstream adoption of digital currencies....
Jump to: