Author

Topic: [2020-12-13]Aren’t You Glad You Kept Your Bitcoin? Don’t Sell It. (Read 104 times)

Activity: 320
Merit: 18
i'm glad because i sold bitcoin at high price  Grin
Activity: 17
Merit: 1
The similarities to what happened in 2017 at this time of year are staggering. Yet, different times and I see everywhere people speculating and graphing huge gains in 2021. There is so much commercial attention this time as well, that wasn't prevalent in 2017. Could be an amazing year ahead.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
Most of us have a small Laszlo story to tell.
If I have ever had to use some coins I've always tried to make a quick re-buy.
I am trying to investigate whether borrowing some money against a bitcoin collateral can be a good idea or not: the nightmare about a drop that demolishes my collateral is what prevents me to do that.
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299
What about using Bitcoin as a currency? If everyone were just focused on hold, would that mean we are smart and send a message to the world that Bitcoin is not a currency but a form of digital gold? Of course, there are those who invest in BTC and are not interested in anything more than profit, but they will also make a sale sooner or later - so it is only a matter of time before most of the coins will pass into the hands of large investors.

I think a good balance should be found between hold and using BTC as a means of payment. We can often hear that someone was very stupid to pay for 2 pizzas as much as 10 000 BTC, but there is no point in thinking that way - money in any form exists to be spent, there is no point in just stacking it.
I agree.

Once bitcoin reaches a higher fiat price, 20-30 times (perhaps 1 or 2 orders of magnitude more) from here and becomes more stable with less room for appreciation, close to equilibrium, I think that will be the point where more commerce occurs.  Likewise, at that point there will be more people remaining in bitcoin, instead of doing fiat conversions.  Commerce and capital protection and appreciation are just some of many uses, that is the nice thing about bitcoin and freedom, everyone can make their own decisions without some centralized group controlling them.

As far Laszlo goes, I agree too.  And anyone who knows him, knows he's anything but stupid.  
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
What about using Bitcoin as a currency? If everyone were just focused on hold, would that mean we are smart and send a message to the world that Bitcoin is not a currency but a form of digital gold? Of course, there are those who invest in BTC and are not interested in anything more than profit, but they will also make a sale sooner or later - so it is only a matter of time before most of the coins will pass into the hands of large investors.

I think a good balance should be found between hold and using BTC as a means of payment. We can often hear that someone was very stupid to pay for 2 pizzas as much as 10 000 BTC, but there is no point in thinking that way - money in any form exists to be spent, there is no point in just stacking it.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481
Aren’t you glad you kept that Bitcoin? I know I am.

Even with the recent decline from its highs, coming close to $20,000, investors have been bullish. Is it going to $50,000? Nope. It’s going to $500,000, some on the Street have told me (hint: she runs a big, innovative ETF). These are the wild speculative prognostications that make Bitcoin what it is. But keep it. Even if it goes to $5,000 again. We’ve seen that what comes around, goes around.

It took over 1,000 days since Bitcoin hit its previous all-time high, recorded in December 2017.

Read the article @ https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2020/12/13/arent-you-glad-you-kept-your-bitcoin-dont-sell-it/
Jump to: