Author

Topic: [2020-12-15]Banca Generali Buys $14 Million Stake in Bitcoin Wallet Conio (Read 108 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I dont belive the source article myself.
Activity: 1438
Merit: 574
Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

I would prefer a world where people would be able to get, store and hold their coins without the need of third-parties but this is a very naive dream as it will never be like that.

But that's exactly what I & many, many others are already doing right now - it's reality & has been for quite some time. There is absolutely no need for 3rd party involvement - that's by BTC design & is why it was created. It's doing it's job just fine & better than any 3rd party bank-backed wallet can & will ever do. Just because you "personally know the Conio guys" that doesn't mean it's a good thing, it isn't. In fact it is totally unnecessary & goes against the very core design of BTC & it's values.

Also, The shilling of products in the press section is against forum rules.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481
This could be a never-ending discussion.
Conio is a good entry point for those who do not know or do not want to have anything to do with what many of us consider the best part of bitcoin, which is to be our own bank.
Freedom, in general, implies that people are free to do whatever they want and we cannot prevent this freedom to be experienced.
The world will not be made by bitcoin maximalist only.
I would prefer a world where people would be able to get, store and hold their coins without the need of third-parties but this is a very naive dream as it will never be like that.

A great reason to stop/avoid using the Conio wallet!
You probably know better than me how difficult can be to get, store and protect some bitcoin holdings.

I've never had any difficulty getting, storing or protecting my BTC whatsoever. I use my free open source wallet to get BTC & I use my Trezor to store & protect my BTC - it's very, very easy.

Maybe you're doing something wrong? When a bank gets involved with a currency designed to negate the use of banks, you know it's not for the good of that currency or the customer.
legendary
You probably know better than me how difficult can be to get, store and protect some bitcoin holdings. I personally know the Conio guys and I support what they are doing.
Also, I believe you have never used Conio before, so I do not think you are talking from experience.

One last thing: should we stop using bitcoin solely because some banks and financial incumbents (let alone the FBI, or the chinese police) hold bitcoin?
This is a free world, for those who know how to avoid KYC and surf the pseudonymity layer good for them, yet you cannot avoid average people get their fair share of coins.
legendary
Banca Generali, an Italian bank focused on private banking and wealth management for high-net worth individuals, has acquired a $14 million stake in Bitcoin wallet provider Conio, according to a press release shared with Decrypt.

“Under this partnership agreement, Banca Generali will acquire a stake in Conio Inc. to support the company’s growth and the distribution of its products as part of the Bank’s range of digital services offered to its customers,” the bank said.

Read the article @ https://decrypt.co/51428/banca-generali-buys-14-million-stake-in-bitcoin-wallet-conio
Jump to: