Author

Topic: 2021-02-17 Visa Piloting API Suite to allow Banks to Buy Bitcoin (Read 73 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 146
A few years back I never imagined to read the words
“Bitcoins as an investment within their existing consumer experiences”.

from any financial institution. You would think everyone was allergic to it back then. Bitcoin as an investment is still very risky, and I can't imagine banks offering bitcoin investment products however there's Bitcoin ETF underway and BNY mellon has already warmed up to bitcoin as well. If it was a partnership with a well known bank, I think the news will be blowing up but First Boulevard doesn't ring a bell to most and digital banks are still obscure to this day.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
This kind of news is the exact opposite of hearing Elon Musk/Tesla buying their Bitcoin position not in a bad way but something that won't let you get off your seat because you won't feel static about it. Don't get me wrong on this one as this is really a good news for us but this is a move from Visa that won't exactly affect the market in the short term because just by seeing the name of the first bank involved which is "First Boulevard" you won't really be impressed with how things are developing for their project. VISA is something that has hinted us in several news that they are involved with the crypto industry but after several months of waiting what kind of project they have it will be a lackluster like this one.
Activity: 384
Merit: 117

Visa is piloting an API (Application Programming Interfaces) suite to allow banks to offer their customers Bitc@oin buying services. Their press statement on Wednesday said that the Visa Crypto APIs pilot program enables clients to connect to Anchorage’s (a federally chartered digital asset bank and a partner of Visa) infrastructure for allowing their customers with the facility of buying and selling “Bitcoins as an investment within their existing consumer experiences”.

Visa’s crypto lead, Cuy Sheffield, has said that their company wants to offer their customers a product set that extends to other cryptos and stablecoins. He made it clear in an interview that they will offer cryptocurrency services including crypto trading. The first bank that is involved in this pilot project is First Boulevard, a digital bank. There are many banks on Visa’s waitlist, who are waiting to avail themselves of Visa’s Bitcoin and other crypto-related services.

https://medium.com/daily-highlights-crypto-analysis-news/visa-piloting-api-suite-to-allow-banks-to-buy-bitcoin-91f4bf743d8c
Jump to: