Author

Topic: 2021-04-12 Nasdaq - MicroStrategy Is Paying Its Board Of Directors In Bitcoin (Read 35 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 101
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
I think these guys agreed on this before it first happened and it became news. Do you really think that this happens suddenly? All decisions are made by the Board of Directors with the submission of minority shareholders - they are often the same people. Then why should they not like it? it is possible to resolve the issue in terms of taxation with a deferred period - if you need to declare income at the end of a quarter or a year, it can be, on the contrary, very beneficial. If bitcoin falls, there are less taxes, and if the price rises, you will definitely not lose anything. Cool idea!
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481
However, before we larp about this, let’s be in reality. What would the board of directors think if bitcoin was dumped by the whales to $50,000 or lower? That would be about -16% of their salary. I reckon many people in the community would hype anything as long as the pump continues. I am sometimes guilty of this also hehehe.
If they are not bitcoiners it will be very hard to tackle its huge price swings, I would agree on that. Old time bitcoiners have seen huge ups and downs and are quite used to this market volatility.
We have to wait and see: if everything goes well they can all become super early retirees.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256
I recon the board are well aware of Bitcoins potential to fall in value as well as rise.

They are on-board with the Bitcoin strategy of the company so to me it makes sense
to take the above steps and receive pay in Bitcoin. They will surely be thinking of the
future and the appreciating value.

legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
However, before we larp about this, let’s be in reality. What would the board of directors think if bitcoin was dumped by the whales to $50,000 or lower? That would be about -16% of their salary. I reckon many people in the community would hype anything as long as the pump continues. I am sometimes guilty of this also hehehe.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256
Looks like Michael Saylor and the board of Microstrategy are VERY VERY serious
about Bitcoin and cements further their commitment to Bitcoin. Its long term
as Michael Saylor keeps saying.

According to the article this method will be expanded to other Directors, will it
be extended further to employees?

“Going forward, non-employee directors will receive all fees for their service on the Company’s Board in bitcoin instead of cash,”
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481
MicroStrategy has announced that it will pay its board of directors in bitcoin, furthering its remarkable journey toward hyperbitcoinization.
The software-intelligence-firm-turned-bitcoin-champion MicroStrategy has announced that it will now pay its board of directors in BTC.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/microstrategy-is-paying-its-board-of-directors-in-bitcoin-2021-04-12

Michael Saylor does not stop! Microstrategy is becoming the most important example of what it means to be fucking bitcoin believing company! These guys are playing hard and by the rules, while showing to the world that Bitcoin is definitely here to stay.
Well done, Michael.
Jump to: