Author

Topic: 2021-04-19 TIME Magazine to Accept Crypto for Subscriptions (Read 32 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481
Only marketing but this is an unstoppable process because bitcoin is wrecking companies' strategy in every possible industry. Everywhere you look, bitcoin is everywhere! Once taproot is up and running and LN becomes pretty much stable bitcoin could be ready to take over the payment world.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
They might just be widening their coverage for several payment methods in order to have more customers for their subscriptions for their magazines. I can see this as more of a businesses move rather than a trust in the crypto itself since we all know that paper type information/entertainment is slowly dying (e.g. newspaper and magazines) I can see that they are just adjusting to several ways in which they can accept more payments and grow their money by holding the crypto itself. Nonetheless this is a good opportunity for Bitcoin as maybe other companies within the same industry will follow with what they are doing.
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
I think this is a good signal for the market and the community. When such reputable publications accept cryptocurrency, it is a sign to others that trust is growing and they can do the same. In a sense, 2021 will be a historic turning point after which legalization and competent regulation will become the norm, and cryptocurrency will be increasingly integrated into the real economy. The fall of bitcoin stopped as I thought, the support level of 55 thousand dollars stopped the decline and I think we will see an increase already this week or next.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256
A new trend is forming I think, companies accepting Bitcoin but not converting
back to FIAT. We have seen Tesla make the same announcement and now TIME Magazine.

Looks like these companies are going to be practicing HODL

TIME's Chief Technology Officer, Bharat Krish, said that accepting cryptocurency as a form of payment in the next stage of TIME's digital transformation.

April 12th 2021
TIME will be paid in Bitcoin and the company will continue to hold Bitcoin on its balance sheet. The company will now join the likes of MicroStrategy (MSTR), Tesla (TSLA), Square (SQ) and others who hold Bitcoin on their balance sheets as a store of value assets.

Jump to: