Author

Topic: 2021-06-09 Tim Wu, Reportedly Owns Over $1M in Bitcoin (Read 56 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
@Theb
I wouldn't label him as a BTCitcoin critic as well and IIRC, it's not the first time that Cointelegraph has used attention-grabbing content/headlines.

@ruthbabe
Regardless of him being one [a BTCitcoin critic] or not, it's quite normal to see someone changes his stance on something that they don't fully understand [not sure if that's the case here, but there were a few prior to him and I'm sure there will be more in the future].

My OCD kicked in as soon as I saw there's a big range in regards to how much he owns; Didn't he disclose everything [why there's still an uncertainty?]?
Activity: 882
Merit: 63
One would think with his political persuasion and desire to foster top-down control, bitcoin as decentralized and distributed would be anathema to him.

I guess his mercenary urges trumped his principals.  
Sometimes we have to adapt to survive so I think what he did was just a proof that he is a flexible and dangerous man because he can switch his allegiance depending on the interest it brings him even if it's against his principles.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
I'm not sure why crypto news websites are spinning this news but it is most likely to create some noise and have some views for their website. CNBC have showed a different type of article regarding this news and they have portrayed Tim Wu as not a critic not at least how cointelegraph has portrayed Tim Wu.

“Bitcoin may be in a bubble,” he wrote, “but it is part of a much bigger trend that is here to stay: a shift in trust from government to technology.”

Though bitcoin isn’t backed by any government or reserve asset, it “might work fine as a store of value that you can sell,” Wu also wrote.

For me with this kind of opinion I don't think you can clearly say that he is a critic comparing him to other people like Jamie Dimon saying negative things about Bitcoin what Wu said is far from those.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
One would think with his political persuasion and desire to foster top-down control, bitcoin as decentralized and distributed would be anathema to him.

Like any politician, I am pretty sure that he isn't any different from those people in White House, they change their allegiance depending on the benefits they will get if they were to support or oppose and in the case of Tim Wu, I am sure that his allegiance will last as long as he is making money in cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1295

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

Tim Wu, a one-time Bitcoin critic and current technology policy adviser at the White House, reportedly owns between 29 and 146 BTC. According to a report by Politico on Monday, Tim Wu, special assistant for technology and competition policy to the president at the National Economic Council, owns over $1 million in Bitcoin. See more for yourself here.

Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Jump to: